Islamic State militants in Syria who captured a Jordanian pilot last week have initiated a Twitter discussion on the best way to kill the "Jordanian pilot pig," the Vocative website reports.
The pilot, Mu'ath Safi Yousef al-Kaseasbeh, 26, a first lieutenant in Jordan's air force, was captured after his F-16 jet crash-landed near the Syrian city of Raqqa, which is held by ISIS (also known as ISIL).
Jordan has threatened the Islamists with "grave consequences" if the pilot is harmed, while ISIS has demanded that Jordan abandon the US-led coalition that is bombing its positions in Syria and Iraq, and release several prisoners in exchange for his release.
At the same time, several ISIS-affiliated Twitter accounts have asked the organization's followers to suggest ways of killing Kaseasbeh.
- Father of Jordanian pilot captured by ISIS pleads for release
- ISIS captures Jordan pilot after coalition warplane downed in Syria for first time
- ISIS video shows captured Jordanian pilot being burned alive
- Jordan executes two Iraqi militants in response to ISIS killing of pilot
- WATCH: Democrat congresswoman slams Obama on ISIS
- WATCH: Jordan's King Abdullah addresses his people in wake of ISIS execution
The Arabic hashtag “Suggest a Way to Kill the Jordanian Pilot Pig” has been retweeted over a thousand times, according to Vocative. Some of the ideas shared by ISIS followers include beheading the pilot, burning him alive and running him over with a bulldozer.
One participant, claiming to be the mother of a Syrian man killed by a coalition air strike, suggested that Kaseasbeh should be "impaled and hung on a pole so that he dies slowly. And it would be mercy to kill him by gun or a knife."