- Shavuot menu: Cheese in everything
- Shavuot recipe: Cauliflower steaks with gorgonzola dolce
- Shavuot recipe: Pan-seared salmon with herb tabbouleh and labneh
Parmesan rind is available at Whole Foods. You can also keep the rind of parmesan (and other strong flavored hard cheese) in the freezer until ready to use.
12 garlic cloves, chopped
1/4 cup olive oil, plus more for serving
6 oz. Parmesan rind
1 tablespoon kosher salt
Chopped chive for serving
1. Cut leeks, white and pale parts only, into 1-inch rounds.
2. Put olive oil in a soup pot over medium-high heat, add chopped leeks and garlic, and sauté for 3 minutes. Add 6 cups room-temperature water and Parmesan rind. Bring to boil, cover pot and reduce heat to low. Cook for 1 hour. Add salt to taste (about 1 tablespoon) and re-move from heat.
3. Remove parmesan rind from pot, transfer the soup into a blender and blend until very smooth. Serve with a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of chive.