Did you know that February 9 is National Bagels and Lox Day? In honor of this hole-y festival, have yourself a smear of some of Haaretz's best bagel stories:
- Let them eat bagels: Queen Elizabeth's relationship with the Jews remains a mystery
- What is Jewish food, really?
- Doughs and don'ts: The Jewish roots of the bagel
- What is kosher and Jewish food?
- Assimilation successful: Sayed Kashua now embarrasses his daughter
And since no food compendium would be complete without a recipe, here's a little pink something about lox: