Did you know that February 9 is National Bagels and Lox Day? In honor of this hole-y festival, have yourself a smear of some of Haaretz's best bagel stories:
- Let Them Eat Bagels: Queen Elizabeth's Relationship With the Jews Remains a Mystery
- What Is Jewish Food, Really?
- Doughs and Don'ts: The Jewish Roots of the Bagel
- What Is Kosher and Jewish Food?
- Assimilation Successful: Sayed Kashua Now Embarrasses His Daughter
And since no food compendium would be complete without a recipe, here's a little pink something about lox: