- Shavuot Menu: Cheese in Everything
- Recipe: Leek, Garlic and Parmesan Soup
- Recipe: Pan-seared Salmon With Herb Tabbouleh and Labneh
1 medium cauliflower, at room temperature
2-3 tablespoons butter
2 teaspoons olive oil
Pinch kosher salt
2 oz. your favorite blue cheese
2 tablespoons chopped chive
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (200 degrees Celsius). Have a baking sheet ready.
2. Remove leaves from bottom of cauliflower, but leave the stem as long as possible. Slice cauliflower into slices 1/2 inch thick. Some will fall apart, but will still look (and taste) lovely.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon butter and 1 teaspoon oil in a heavy-bottom pan or a cast iron pan over medium heat. When butter has melted, add cauliflower in one layer, sprinkle with a little salt and cook for 4 minutes. Flip cauliflower carefully with a spatula and cook for 4 more minutes. Transfer to a baking sheet. Continue with the rest of the cauliflower and butter.
4. Crumble blue cheese over the cauliflower and put in the oven for 3 minutes until cheese has melted. Sprinkle with chopped chives and serve.