At least one of the Syrian SS-21 surface-to-surface missiles changed course midflight ■ Both fell in Syrian territory ■ First operational use of Israel's David's Sling system
- Turkey detains 43 suspected Islamic State militants (Reuters)
- Poll shows most Germans think Europe can defend itself without U.S. help (Reuters)
- Gaza power turbine stop deepens electricity crisis (DPA)
- Syria blasts Israel's 'criminal operation' after evacuation of White Helmets activists (Haaretz)
- Six wounded, one severely, in clashes with police northern Arab city of Sakhnin (Haaretz)
Self-described divine emissary is suspected of setting fires to harm Arabs 'because of the security situation'
Trump says Iran should 'never threaten U.S. again' or suffer from 'consequences the likes of which few throughout history have ever suffered before'
Look around. The country looks the same. But it doesn't feel the same. Not even close. A day of mourning has come
Israel calls move an 'exceptional humanitarian gesture' that was done at the request of the U.S. and its European allies due to 'an immediate threat to Syrian lives'
We knew Neanderthals used fire, and maybe they could light it too; if anything maybe they taught us the technique, researcher tells Haaretz