If Gaza hostilities don't flare up by summer, it will be a major achievement for Israel's army chief
- Five fishermen killed in suspected ISIS attack (AP)
- At least 93 die from tainted liquor in India's northeast (AP)
- 1 killed, 2 wounded in explosion in Nepalese capital (AP)
- Trump Picks Envoy to Canada Kelly Craft for Ambassador to the United Nations (DPA)
- Sudan's Bashir calls on parliament to delay amendments allowing him another term (Reuters)
Top Weekend Picks
After Netanyahu brokered party merger that could lead to Kahanists taking seats in the next Knesset, U.S. lawmakers are concerned the premier is legitimizing racist platforms
The political landscape of 2019 is looking very military, very male and really puts the 'general' in 'general election'
'Apart from closing Strait of Hormuz, we have other options to stop oil flow if threatened... The U.S. administration lacks 'goodwill''
Poised to complete civilian evacuation of last ISIS stronghold, Kurdish forces say even small American presence will stabilize turbulent region
The veteran Jewish organization originally told Haaretz it won’t comment on internal Israeli politics, but later released a strong statement against Otzma Yehudit’s racist views
Plus Haim Watzman’s 'Necessary Stories: Between Worlds' in Jerusalem and this year's 12 Initiative for Zionist Innovation finalists