Court slams detention as 'extreme and dangerous, which could lead to the crumbling of the pillars upon which democracy stands'
- UN envoy to Syria Staffan de Mistura to step down in November (Reuters)
- Report: South Sudan armed opposition seized girls as 'wives' (AP)
- Dutch cancel Saudi trade mission over missing journalist (Reuters)
- Two Israeli Arabs charged with trying to join rebels in Syria (AP)
- Man linked to Saudi prince at consulate when writer vanished (AP)
Alfred Moses tells the story of how he got Jews out of Romania and Limmud Israel is launching with an inaugural event offering a night of Jewish learning with huge names
Democrats Abroad Israel are ramping up their get-out-the-vote activities on the Israeli street, hoping every vote count in the effort to take back the House. Republicans are missing from the scene, and say they won't 'reveal the original methods'
The Continent has indeed received millions of migrants, and they pose a variety of problems to their host countries. But these emanate for the most part from right-wing nationalists, not Muslim refugees
The highest grossing Dutch film of the year, 'The Resistance Banker,' highlights Walraven van Hal, who bankrolled the anti-Nazi resistance in Holland
New finds in the 2,000-year-old underground cemetery include the first Hebrew inscription at the site, as well as signs that Christians and Jews may have shared the burial space