Despite its purportedly Eastern origins, the tale of ‘Aladdin’ is more the story of Orientalism than anything else
- Iran is not pursuing war, says Revolutionary Guards' chief (Reuters)
- Australia's conservative coalition wins surprise 3rd term (AP)
- 2020 presidential hopeful Joe Biden blasts 'divider-in-chief' Trump in campaign rally (Reuters)
- EU's Tusk leads pro-Europe march in Poland before key vote (AP)
- German humanitarian group Sea-Watch enters Italian waters with migrants, flouting ban (AP)
Top Weekend Reads
The beaches, the clubs, the food, the transportation, the pleasant natives (yes!) – all these, according to a random poll, make the city a true tourist destination. If only the prices weren't insane!
Russia and the Netherlands are among the countries who won a spot in Saturday's final
Thousands of suits brought on by opioid overdoses have split the owners of drugmaker Purdue Pharma into two camps
Most of those departing were young, educated and relatively well-off, and mainly reach Europe via Turkey and then Greece
David Ben-Gurion, Yitzhak Rabin and Elie Wiesel were among the friends and admirers of the man who wrote 'The Caine Munity' and 'The Winds of War'
In the early 20th century, Israel became a center of the 'International Style,' but contrary to urban legend, the local obsession was not exclusive to Tel Aviv