- PM: Congress Speech - Not Disrespect to Obama
- Kerry Warns Against Revealing Details of Iran Nuke Talks
- What Netanyahu Could Say to Congress
- Netanyahu's Speech Isn't Really About Iran
- Boehner to Visit Israel This Month
- Why Boehner Is Visiting Israel
The gift was chosen because Netanyahu and the former prime minister of Britain are the only foreign leaders who have addressed Congress three separate times.
The speech on Tuesday is controversial because Boehner invited Netanyahu to appear at a time when international negotiations with Iran over its nuclear program are at a critical juncture.
Netanyahu told a Jewish lobby group on Monday that his speech is not intended to inject Israel into American political debate, yet some Democrats plan to skip his address.
Boehner also has invited former House Speaker Newt Gingrich and Holocaust survivor Elie Wiesel.