An international human rights group says Israel committed war crimes in the latest round of fighting against Hamas in Gaza.
- IDF to Open Internal Probes Into Gaza War Cases
- WATCH: UNRWA School Shelled by Israel; UN Finds Cache of Hamas Rockets in Different School
- Source of Deadly Attack on Gaza School Unclear
- UNRWA Finds More Rockets in Gaza School
- Hamas Acknowledges Civilian-area Rocket Fire
New York-based Human Rights Watch made the conclusion following an investigation it carried out into attacks on or near three UN-run schools housing displaced Palestinians.
The group said Thursday that no military targets were apparent in the school area and that some of the attacks were "indiscriminate."
The Israeli military had no immediate comment. On Wednesday, it announced it launched its own probe into the war. Israel accuses Hamas of using civilians as human shields.
The attacks on the schools elicited widespread condemnation.
The UN, which has accused both Israel and Hamas militants of violating the rules of war, has appointed a commission of inquiry to look into the fighting.