An extremist Salafi organization known as Dawlat al-Islam has distributed pamphlets in Hebron claiming responsibility for the feared kidnapping of the three Israeli teens.
- Jihadist Advances Shock Mideast
- PM: Teens Taken by Terror Group
- Hamas Calls for Intifada
- Missing Teens: Time Is Not on Their Side
- Has ISIS Infiltrated the West Bank?
- Israelis Cannot Ignore the Occupation
- Iraqi Nightmare Haunts U.S.
Israel security services are investigating the validity of the claim.
A self-described Al-Qaida offshoot, Dawlat al-Islam is linked to ISIS, the Sunni militant organization behind this week's Iraq insurgency.
Last November, Israeli commandos killed three members of a Salafi terror cell in the South Hebron Hills village of Kfar Yatta. The three were planning an attack on Israel, and pistols and explosive devices were found at the site of the operation.