Following is the verbatim English text of the ceasefire agreement between Israel and the Palestinians in Gaza that was reached on Wednesday through Egyptian mediation. The text was distributed by the office of the Egyptian president.
- A Cease-fire That Could Have Come Earlier
- Who Disagree on Truce? Bibi and Barak
- LIVE BLOG: Day 8 of Israel-Gaza Conflict
- Chemi Shalev / Obama Triumphant
- Barak Ravid / New War, Same Cease-fire
- Netanyahu: Cease-fire Right Thing
- Aluf Benn / Israel Achieved Its Goals
- LIVE BLOG: Israel-Gaza Conflict, the Day After
1. Agreement of Understanding For a Ceasefire in the Gaza Strip
A. Israel should stop all hostilities in the Gaza Strip land, sea and air including incursions and targeting of
B. All Palestinian factions shall stop all hostilities from the Gaza Strip against Israel including rocket attacks and all attacks along the border.
C. Opening the crossings and facilitating the movements of people and transfer of goods and refraining from restricting residents' free movements and targeting residents in border areas and procedures of implementation shall be dealt with after 24 hours from the start of the ceasefire.
D. Other matters as may be requested shall be addressed.
2. Implementation mechanisms:
A. Setting up the zero hour for the ceasefire understanding
to enter into effect.
B. Egypt shall receive assurances from each party that the party commits to what was agreed upon.
C. Each party shall commit itself not to perform any acts that would breach this understanding. In case of any observations Egypt as the sponsor of this understanding shall be informed to follow up.