Islamic terrorist Amedy Coulibaly tried to justify his actions to the hostages he held at a kosher supermarket in France on Friday, telling them if you "leave the Muslims alone, we will leave you alone."
- Paris Shooting Updates / Recording Emerges of Kosher Store Terrorist Justifying Attack to Hostages
- French Jewish Leader: The War in Syria and Iraq Has Now Reached Paris
- Who in France Will Shout, 'I Am a Jew'?
- Why Did France Fail to Prevent the Paris Terror Attacks?
- WATCH: Canadian PM Stephen Harper Says, 'International Jihadist Movement Has Declared War'
- Leader of 1968 Student Revolt: Why Does France Create Monsters?
- Report: Teen Wrongly Named as Third Suspect in Paris Magazine Killings
- 4 French Jewish Terror Victims to Be Buried in Jerusalem
The conversation was recorded, without Coulibaly's knowledge, by France's RTL radio station, after he picked up the phone and failed to hang up properly.
According to the RTL recording, Coulibaly called his action revenge in retaliation for French military action in Mali, Western bombardment of Syria, attacks on the Islamic State and France's ban on women wearing full head coverings in public.
"Each time, they try to make you believe that the Muslims are terrorists. But I was born in France. If they hadn't attacked elsewhere, I would never be there," Coulibaly reportedly told his approximately 15 hostages at the the Hyper Cacher supermarket on the outskirts of Paris.
In an argument with his hostages he said they were complicit in these actions by virtue of "paying taxes to the government." Instead, he asked them, why they didn't hold protests demanding France "leave the Muslims alone."
At one point, Coulibaly – who killed four Jewish hostages and was later shot and killed by police – quoted Osama Bin Laden: "Like he said: You will never taste peace. We are the ones who will make peace in Palestine."