Some of the right-wing protesters who beat leftist demonstrators in Tel Aviv on Saturday night wore T-shirts bearing a neo-Nazi symbol, photos and videos show.
- Right-wingers Attack Leftists in Tel Aviv Demonstration
- Police Are Obliged to Protect Every Israeli Citizen
- Extreme Rightists Attack Palestinians in Jerusalem as Teens Laid to Rest
- Israeli Police Force Must Tackle Hate Crimes
- Loudmouthed Right Should Ask Israeli People for Forgiveness
As shown on journalist Tal Schneider’s Hebrew-language blog, some of the right-wingers wore T-shirts bearing the slogan “Good night left side.”
Neo-Nazis in Europe wear shirts with this phrase, which accompanies an image of a man attacking a left-wing activist, denoted by a star or anarchy symbol. The online store Final Resistance offers clothing bearing neo-Nazi slogans – popular attire at rock concerts by far-right bands.
The emblem and slogan are a response to the original left-wing counterpart: “Good night white pride.”
The counterdemonstrations in Tel Aviv Saturday night took place at Habima Square in the center of town. Rightists got a chance to beat leftists when a rocket alert sounded and people ran for shelter. One man was rushed to the hospital, but no arrests were made.