Yityish Aynaw was pronounced the winner of the Miss Israel beauty pageant, held on Wednesday; Aynaw is the first woman of Ethiopian origin to win the prize.
- Culture Fop / Broadway shines a spotlight on Israel’s racism problem
- Black trailblazers Obama and beauty queen Aynaw to talk about ... Pollard?
- Israel’s Ethiopian beauty queen wows a stylish New York audience
- On Root / The best explanation - Bar none
- Islamic beauty pageant takes on Miss World
- Miss Israel to compete in Russia for 'Miss Universe' title
Aynao, aged 21, was born in Ethiopia and immigrated to Israel with her mother at the age of 12. She currently resides in Netanya, where she works as the manager of a shoe store.
Aynao expressed hopes that the win would allow her to work as a model, something she has not yet done.
In additional categories of the beauty pageant, Bar Hefer recieved the title of "Young Miss Israel", Savyona Yoseffa won "Queen of Grace", Hila Balilti was pronounced "Miss Beauty" and Mor Shelly was the recipient of the "Audience Favorite" award.