The spectacle gave liberal Israelis a glimpse of the country they once cherished - but it could turn out to be their swan song
- Seven Shi’ite militants killed after roadside bomb explodes in eastern Iraq (AP)
- Explosion targets tourist bus near Egyptian Museum at pyramids, security sources say (Reuters)
- Syrian government forces unilaterally cease fire in Idlib, Russia says (AP)
- Court upholds decision to keep minor accused of killing Palestinian woman in house arrest (Haaretz)
- Iran is not pursuing war, says Revolutionary Guards' chief (Reuters)
Top Weekend Reads
The beaches, the clubs, the food, the transportation, the pleasant natives (yes!) – all these, according to a random poll, make the city a true tourist destination. If only the prices weren't insane!
Madonna performs two songs at Tel Aviv Eurovision ■ Israeli police set up security cordons to prevent attacks or protests
Trump won the White House pledging to wind down the nation's many foreign entanglements and put 'America First'
Iranian authorities have repeatedly raided underground fashion events and targeted modelling agencies that post photographs online
Thousands of suits brought on by opioid overdoses have split the owners of drugmaker Purdue Pharma into two camps
In the early 20th century, Israel became a center of the 'International Style,' but contrary to urban legend, the local obsession was not exclusive to Tel Aviv