Text size

Hapoel Tel Aviv finally got its first win under Shia Feigenbaum yesterday, as Hapoel beat Bnei Sakhnin 2-1 and climbed out of last place.

Six fans were arrested before the game at Kiryat Eliezer, but nobody expected it to end with an assault on the referee.

It all began when Assaf Keinan red-carded a Sakhnin player. Hundreds of Sakhnin fans started to throw seats on to the field and tried to enter the pitch. Dozens of fans started to hit security personnel and the police. Twenty fans made it to the field, before being pushed back.

After the game, Keinan was surrounded by Sakhnin officials and their friends. A friend of a team official punched Keinan in the face, seriously injuring him. He ran to the dressing room, vomited and experienced dizziness. He was taken to Haifa's Rambam Hospital for treatment.

The fan resisted arrest. Eight fans, including the attacker, were arrested. One policeman was lightly injured.

Hapoel, desperate not to lose again, opened the game with good pressure on Sakhnin's goal. Each time Tel Aviv's Yossi Abuksis got the ball, he passed it long to the speedy John Pantsil.

But it was Sakhnin that scored first, as Ahmad Kasum scored from a corner kick in the 32rd minute.

After a brutal tackle at the 41-minute mark, Keinan sent Arset Atchi off with a second yellow card.

Tel Aviv striker Ibazito Ogabona, with a man advantage, scored from 20 meters in the 47th minute. Five minutes later, Pantsil made it 2-1.

Hapoel Upper Nazareth beats Hapoel Petah Tikva 2-1.

Dror Kashtan's perfect record at Hapoel Petah Tikva ended yesterday evening, as Shahar Simontov scored in the 22nd and 40th minutes and broke Petah Tikva's five-game winning streak, four under new coach Kashtan.

Dushko Dorichivic scored Petah Tikva's goal in the 28th minute off a corner.

Maccabi Haifa defeats Hapoel Be'er Sheva 1-0

Maccabi Haifa defeated Hapoel Be'er Sheva 1-0 last night and opened a 19-point gap over the rest of the Premier League. Alon Harazi scored his first goal this year in the 58th minute to put the game away.

Maccabi Petah Tikva beats Bnei Yehuda 1-0.

Maccabi goalkeeper Ohad Cohen's great performance kept his team in the game for 72 minutes at Bloomfield Friday afternoon, but then Moshe Biton scored to take the points for Bnei Yehuda Tel Aviv.

Maccabi, which gave up a goal for the first time in four games, failed to score for the second straight game, and will drop out of second place if Ashdod beats Hapoel Haifa at Kiryat Eliezer tomorrow.