Netanyahu bureau chief likely to avoid tribunal for sexual harassment
The woman whom Natan Eshel allegedly harassed still refuses to testify and does not want to submit a complaint to the Civil Service Commission or Justice Ministry.
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's bureau chief Natan Eshel will probably leave the public service - at least temporarily - and not be brought before a civil service tribunal for sexually harassing a female employee, sources familiar with the situation told Haaretz on Thursday.
The case against Eshel would be closed, the sources said. Eshel is currently on leave. The sources said the arrangement would spare him the ordeal of appearing before a disciplinary tribunal and having the details of his alleged acts published.
On Thursday, Attorney General Yehuda Weinstein discussed Weinstein's case with officials from the prosecution and the Civil Service Commission.
Also on Thursday, Eshel extended his leave for the third time to enable the Civil Service Commission to finish its inquiry. The inquiry has not been completed because last week, when Eshel was being interrogated, he felt ill and was released to go home.
The woman whom Eshel allegedly harassed still refuses to testify and does not want to submit a complaint to the Civil Service Commission or Justice Ministry. Civil Service officials say she cannot be forced to make a complaint against her will.