Shari Arison wants to delist Salt Industries from the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange. The billionaire heiress has published an offer to buy the 7 million shares held by the general public, constituting 17.8% of the company's stock. Arison Investments owns the other 82.2%. It's offering NIS 15.50 per share, which is an 8% premium over the market price of Salt Industries and would, if the shareholders agree, cost Arison NIS 110 million. Salt Industries produces and sells salt, this is true, and it also owns a 6% interest in Bank Hapoalim, which Arison controls. Since the start of the year, Salt Industries stock has lost 45% of its value.
Want to enjoy 'Zen' reading - with no ads and just the article? Subscribe todaySubscribe now