Qassam Strikes Sderot, Damaging Buildings, Cars

IDF kills 2 Palestinians in West Bank; troops thwart Fatah terror attack planned for inside Israel.

A Qassam rocket fired from northern Gaza struck the Negev town of Sderot on Thursday evening, damaging buildings and vehicles.

Four people were also treated for shock.

Early Thursday morning, a rocket fired from Gaza hit the western Negev, damaging property on a local kibbutz but causing no injuries.

Since the cease-fire took hold on November 26, Palestinian militants have fired more than 20 rockets at Israel, according to the IDF's count, causing no casualties.

Israeli security forces on Thursday killed two Palestinians in separate incidents in the West Bank, leaving at least two bystanders wounded.

In the first incident, Special Police Unit troops dressed as civilians killed a 26-year-old Palestinian member of the Al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigade in the West Bank city of Nablus, Palestinian witnesses and medical officials said. A 10-year-old boy was one of at least two bystanders wounded.

Earlier Thursday, Israel Defense Forces troops killed a Palestinian during a confrontation with stone throwers in the West Bank, Palestinian security sources and hospital officials said.

The IDF said Wahib al-Deek, 27, was killed in the village of Kafr al-Deek, near the settlement city of Ariel. Al-Deek was shot while throwing stones, the army said.

He was wounded in the chest and died on the way to hospital, Palestinian officials said.

The army said soldiers in the village encountered a riot, with residents throwing stones and cinder blocks, but had no information indicating that troops had opened fire.

"There was a violent confrontation, and rocks and breeze blocks were thrown at our soldiers. We are still checking the report on the casualty," the spokesman said.

Israel has pressed its raids against suspected militants and patrols in the West Bank despite a truce declared last month in the Gaza Strip.

Troops thwart attempted terror attackIDF troops discovered eight kilograms of explosives in the West Bank early Thursday, which were apparently intended to be used in a Fatah terror attack in Israel proper.

The troops discovered the explosives during a search of a car at a checkpoint east of Nablus. The four Palestinians riding in the vehicle were taken in for questioning.

Border Police sappers detonated the explosives in a controlled manner.