One-year-old drowns to death in northern Israel
Toddler left unattended drowns after falling into rubber pool filled with rain water.
A one-year-old girl from Yesod Ma'ale in northern Israel drowned to death on Sunday after falling into a rubber pool that had filled with rain water.
Magen David Adom rescue services were called to the scene and attempted to revive the toddler, however they were eventually forced to pronounce her dead.
The circumstances under which the child drowned are currently under investigation, and it is still unclear where her parents were at the time of her death. The Rosh Pina police have begun investigating the situation.
In August of 2010, a three-year-old nearly drowned to death in a Jacuzzi at a private home in Eilat. The boy's parents were not present at the time and the only adult supervising the children in the Jacuzzi was a 20-year-old family member.
Another child drowned just a day before the incident in August. A five-year-old from Kiryat Chaim was electrocuted and subsequently drowned in a country club in Kiryat Motzkin. It is suspected that the five-year-old was electrocuted by a cable that was not installed correctly. The child was pronounced dead at Rambam hospital shortly after he was brought in.
Like us on Facebook and get articles directly in your news feed