Weapons Plant Still Polluting Tel Aviv Soil 30 Years After Closure

The site in question is located at the end of the Arvei Nahal Street in Tel Aviv and was home to an IMI factory from 1948 until 1980.

Recent groundwater and soil tests carried out in the Tel Aviv area by Israel’s Water Authority prove that more than 30 years after the closure of an Israel Military Industries factory, the pollution that it caused still threatens the region’s groundwater supply and endangers public health. Following the findings, the Water Authority will need to formulate a clean-up plan to prevent the spread of the pollutants.