On August 28, 1893 (or 1892 – sources vary), the Hebrew Cemetery Association of Deadwood, South Dakota, purchased a plot of land in the Mount Moriah Cemetery for the burial of the town’s Jewish citizens. The Jewish section, where a total of 86 people were eventually interred, is situated at the top of the hill on which the cemetery sits, and was referred to in the day as “Hebrew Hill,” and also...