Palestinian Authority condemns Tel Aviv terror attack
Palestinian Authority releases statement condemning 'all attacks against civilians,' including Tel Aviv attack and IDF strikes on Gaza.
The Palestinian Authority condemned the terror attack in Tel Aviv in a statement released on Monday.
In the statement, the PA not only condemned the attack in south Tel Aviv early on Monday morning, but also the recent Israel Defense Forces strikes on Gaza, and attacks against Palestinians in the West Bank and in Jerusalem.
“We condemn all attacks against civilians, including the incident in Tel Aviv,” the statement said, according to a Channel 10 report.
The statement also highlighted the importance of September’s UN vote on Palestinian statehood. “Nothing will prevent us from achieving our goal,” Channel 10 reported the statement as saying.
Eight people were wounded in south Tel Aviv early Monday when a Palestinian man from the West Bank city of Nablus ran over policemen with a stolen taxi, exited the vehicle and stabbed additional people. The perpetrator was also lightly wounded as police struggled to arrest him.
Tel Aviv District Commander Aharon Eksol said the attack was "definitely an act of terror."
The attack took place shortly after 1:30 A.M. outside the Haoman 17 club on the corner of Salame and Abarbanel streets in south Tel Aviv. At the time of the attack more than 2,000 people were partying at a major event inside the nightclub. Israel Border Police had been deployed on high alert to secure the event.
Like us on Facebook and get articles directly in your news feed