Jerusalem court remands boys suspected of hurling fire bomb at Palestinian taxi
Judge Yaron Mintkevich remands suspects, aged 12 and 13, by 24 hours, says will be released barring dramatic progress in the investigation.
A Jerusalem magistrate's court remanded three boys suspected of hurling a fire bomb at a Palestinian taxi by 24 hours on Sunday, with the presiding judge saying that the police are not in possession of any substantial evidence against the suspects.
Earlier Sunday, Israel Police arrested the children, aged 12 and 13, over suspicions that they hurled fire bombs at a West Bank earlier this month, an attack which resulted in the wounding of six Palestinians, all members of the same family.
According to a police source, the children were arrested by police in the religious school situated in the settlement of Bat Ayin, not far from where the alleged attacks took place two weeks prior.
The source added that it was evidence found on the scene which led to the arrests, with the suspects' attorney said the youths denied any involvement to the incident.
Later in the day, judge Yaron Mintkevich remanded the two minors by 24 hours, adding, however, that the police would likely have to release the suspects at that time, barring any significant advance in the investigation, since it seems there wasn't a strong case against the boys.
Following the incident earlier this month, Vice Prime Minister and Strategic Affairs Minister Moshe Ya'alon said that the event represented "a terrorist attack," adding that such incidents "run contrary to Jewish morality and values, and constitute first and foremost an educational and moral failure."
Like us on Facebook and get articles directly in your news feed