Israel is not worth the price it is exacting from us. There is a nationalist-religious-ultra-Orthodox majority, and our lifestyle will not survive.23 comments
- 5:18 AM
Driver shot dead after he hits two Canadian soldiers (AP)
Former Australia Prime Minister Gough Whitlam dies at 98 (AP)
- 2:26 AM
UN: Violence kills a child every five minutes, most outside war zones (Reuters)
U.S. drone crashes on landing at airport in Niger capital (Reuters)
- 12:42 AM
Kenyan military kill five militants, seize TNT explosives (Reuters)
Abbas signs amendment allowing life sentence, forced labor for selling land to hostile states' citiz
Polish ex-minister: Putin offered to divide Ukraine with Poland in 2008 (Reuters)
Palestinians, police clash near Silwan houses occupied overnight by settlers (Haaretz)
Bus driver lightly wounded by stone throwing in East Jerusalem (Haaretz)
Yemen: Suicide bomber kills 10 Houthi rebels south of Sanaa (AP)
Monthly IAEA report: Iran has taken further action to comply with extended nuclear deal (Reuters)
Pistorius to be sentenced on Tuesday for girlfriend's killing (Reuters)
That's what two prominent missile experts assert. Could the Israel Defense Forces and the government be lying to us?13 comments
There is a grating disparity between the Israeli trend for veganism and the public's indifference to the suffering of the weak elements in society.23 comments
- Could Netanyahu be turning vegan?
- Do Israelis love peppers more than they hate the occupation?
- Dead cats and rabbits on the Independence Day barbecue
- Will veganism be the jihad of 2014?
- Gary Yourofsky to Haaretz: 'Animal Holocaust' isn’t over
- Documentary reveals secrets of Hitler's $5 billion missing fortune
- The meat industry, Nazis and true horror
Just like the average Israeli leftist, Beatles icon John Lennon cooperated with occupation while musing about a world without borders.1 comments
The racist comments were part of a private, desperate conversation with his mistress. Yet in Israel, racist comments spew openly from the mouths of our elected politicians.11 comments
- Who is Donald Sterling and how did he become synonymous with bigotry?
- The ugly truth behind Donald Sterling's racist comments
- Reported racist comments land Jewish NBA team owner in trouble
- New tape: NBA owner Sterling told girlfriend, 'In Israel, blacks are treated like dogs'
- Jewish groups condemn Donald Sterling remarks
- L.A. Jewish community condemns Clippers owner
- David Geffen wants to buy L.A. Clippers from Donald Sterling
- Clippers' Sterling offers apology for racist remarks
America won’t present an ultimatum, Vladimir Putin won’t put a gun to our head, Europe won’t boycott until the situation becomes unbearable. Don’t count on another splitting of the Red Sea.3 comments
The idea of linking the potential release of the jailed spy with the peace talks is idiocy of the highest order.10 comments
- Report: U.S. may release Pollard to keep peace talks afloat
- Jonathan Pollard is no Prisoner of Zion
- Pro-Pollard demonstrators rally outside U.S. Embassy in Tel Aviv
- U.S. denies plans to free Pollard for peace
- U.S. Justice Dept. Internet site: Pollard's life term to end in 2015
- Jonathan Pollard hospitalized, condition 'not good'
- U.S. may free Pollard if Israel agrees to freeze construction, release prisoners
- Don't hug Pollard when he lands
Israelis didn't judge him like other prime ministers, because he made them feel good about themselves.10 comments
- Former PM Ariel Sharon's medical condition significantly deteriorates
- Sharon’s spirit hovers over Netanyahu’s hardest decision: accepting the 1967 'Auschwitz borders’
- Election time in Israel: Yearning for Ariel Sharon
- Ariel Sharon's doctors say he is clinging to life, 'fighting like a lion'
- Learning to love Ariel Sharon
- Ariel Sharon, a complicated man
- Ariel Sharon needs a 'miracle' to prevent further decline
- Where would Israel be without Sharon?
- My travels with Ariel Sharon
- Arik Sharon told me: 'I am Israel's most defamed political leader'
When Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu began to tell Arab Christians that Israel is the Jewish state, he may have made an important discovery.2 comments
Channel 2 occupies an all-powerful position on Israeli TV, which makes its current treatment of writers and directors even more shameful. The culture minister must intervene.0 comments
Contemporary Israel has no national singer and the facility by which Einstein was unthinkingly crowned is pathetic.9 comments
News: Diplomacy and Defense | National | World | Middle East | Archaeology | Israel weather | Opinion | Features
Jewish World: News | Features | Rabbis' Round Table | The Jewish Thinker | Haaretz Store
Haaretz.com Blogs: A Special Place in Hell | West of Eden | Diplomania | Outside Edge | The Lighthouse | Routine Emergencies | Eyes Wide Open | Jerusalem Vivendi | Strenger than Fiction | Modern Manna | The Fifth Question
© Haaretz Daily Newspaper Ltd. All Rights Reserved