Up to a dozen people were stabbed in a terror attack on my doorstep last Wednesday, but there were no cries for revenge or sympathy.0 comments
Venezuela to limit number of U.S. diplomats, require U.S. tourists to apply for visas (AP)
Women suicide bombers kill 4 in northern Nigeria (AP)
Celebrated Turkish novelist Yasar Kemal dead at 91 (Reuters)
9 injured in three-car accident in Bet Shemesh (Haaretz)
Somali al Shabaab militants detonate car bomb in Mogadishu, injuring two police officers (Reuters)
Egypt sentences five leaders Muslim Brotherhood leaders to life in prison (AP)
Iran's top negotiator criticizes Netanyahu's 'scaremongering' (AP)
Car bombs kill 27 north of Baghdad (AP)
Egypt court sentences 4 Muslim Brotherhood members to death (AP)
Livni: Netanyahu's speech ineffective against Iran, very effective in ruining U.S. ties (Haaretz)
Yemen: U.S. drone strike kills 3 suspected al-Qaida militants (AP)
Lieberman slams Supreme Court rulings on MK Zoabi and asylum seekers: Harsh blow to nation (Haaretz)
Bombings kill 19 people north of Baghdad in Iraq (AP)
Double bombing kills 9 people in town northeast of Baghdad, Iraq (AP)
U.S. House passes one-week funding extension for Homeland Security (Reuters)
Israelis have been bombarded with images of a homeless tent camp this week, but their interest will vanish quicker than the winter storms.1 comments
While our generous king, Benjamin Netanyahu, was battling enemies from without, I myself was an enemy from within.0 comments
A racist society composes racist songs. 'Ahmed loves Israel' is completely legitimate in the context of Israeli society.6 comments
Netanyahu does not know how to solve the paradox between the terrifying reality he has created and the idea of a Jewish state he worships.3 comments
- What was occupying Netanyahu's mind when he made his Christmas gaffe?
- On this Passover, face the truth: Peace is dead
- Israel is my home, but I can no longer live here
- New York ultra-Orthodox are following Israel's bad example
- Confessions of an Israeli traitor
- Does Netanyahu belong to the same club as Putin, Erdogan and Sissi?
- Sorry folks, Israel's Declaration of Independence made no mention of democracy
- Without a Palestinian state, Israel can never be Jewish or democratic
The U.S. comedian's self‑diagnosis of being on the autism scale is beyond a joke.5 comments
Don't be fooled by the media. What's happening now in Jerusalem isn't an intifada. It's a civil war in a binational state.2 comments
- Despite PM's request, right-wing politicians adding fuel to Jerusalem fire
- Jews forbidden from going to Temple Mount, says chief Sephardi rabbi
- Israeli police kill Palestinian suspect in Jerusalem assassination attempt
- Netanyahu: No change in the status quo at the Temple Mount
- Bennett calls for military crackdown in Jerusalem
- A decade without Arafat: Palestinian leader, symbol and mystery
- Security officials concerned that East J'lem violence will spread to West Bank, Israeli Arabs
A 10-day vacation right after the summer holidays is a huge and annoying waste of time that does nothing but glorify a minor feast.4 comments
Israel is not worth the price it is exacting from us. There is a nationalist-religious-ultra-Orthodox majority, and our lifestyle will not survive.23 comments
- It is immoral to leave Israel just because it offers you a bum deal
- Hey right-wingers, the Arabs are staying
- Poll: One-third of Israelis think about leaving
- Bringing liberal Israelis back home
- Can you live in Israel without contributing to the occupation?
- Why I sent my son to an Israel Defense Forces combat unit
- Yom Kippur 5775: Jewish liberals are running out of options
- Netanyahu's Israel is neither Jewish nor democratic
- Confessions of an Israeli traitor
That's what two prominent missile experts assert. Could the Israel Defense Forces and the government be lying to us?13 comments
There is a grating disparity between the Israeli trend for veganism and the public's indifference to the suffering of the weak elements in society.23 comments
- Could Netanyahu be turning vegan?
- Do Israelis love peppers more than they hate the occupation?
- Dead cats and rabbits on the Independence Day barbecue
- Will veganism be the jihad of 2014?
- Gary Yourofsky to Haaretz: 'Animal Holocaust' isn’t over
- Documentary reveals secrets of Hitler's $5 billion missing fortune
- The meat industry, Nazis and true horror
Just like the average Israeli leftist, Beatles icon John Lennon cooperated with occupation while musing about a world without borders.1 comments
The racist comments were part of a private, desperate conversation with his mistress. Yet in Israel, racist comments spew openly from the mouths of our elected politicians.11 comments
- Who is Donald Sterling and how did he become synonymous with bigotry?
- The ugly truth behind Donald Sterling's racist comments
- Reported racist comments land Jewish NBA team owner in trouble
- New tape: NBA owner Sterling told girlfriend, 'In Israel, blacks are treated like dogs'
- Jewish groups condemn Donald Sterling remarks
- L.A. Jewish community condemns Clippers owner
- David Geffen wants to buy L.A. Clippers from Donald Sterling
- Clippers' Sterling offers apology for racist remarks
America won’t present an ultimatum, Vladimir Putin won’t put a gun to our head, Europe won’t boycott until the situation becomes unbearable. Don’t count on another splitting of the Red Sea.3 comments
The idea of linking the potential release of the jailed spy with the peace talks is idiocy of the highest order.10 comments
- Report: U.S. may release Pollard to keep peace talks afloat
- Jonathan Pollard is no Prisoner of Zion
- Pro-Pollard demonstrators rally outside U.S. Embassy in Tel Aviv
- U.S. denies plans to free Pollard for peace
- U.S. Justice Dept. Internet site: Pollard's life term to end in 2015
- Jonathan Pollard hospitalized, condition 'not good'
- U.S. may free Pollard if Israel agrees to freeze construction, release prisoners
- Don't hug Pollard when he lands
Israelis didn't judge him like other prime ministers, because he made them feel good about themselves.10 comments
- Former PM Ariel Sharon's medical condition significantly deteriorates
- Sharon’s spirit hovers over Netanyahu’s hardest decision: accepting the 1967 'Auschwitz borders’
- Election time in Israel: Yearning for Ariel Sharon
- Ariel Sharon's doctors say he is clinging to life, 'fighting like a lion'
- Learning to love Ariel Sharon
- Ariel Sharon, a complicated man
- Ariel Sharon needs a 'miracle' to prevent further decline
- Where would Israel be without Sharon?
- My travels with Ariel Sharon
- Arik Sharon told me: 'I am Israel's most defamed political leader'
When Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu began to tell Arab Christians that Israel is the Jewish state, he may have made an important discovery.2 comments
Channel 2 occupies an all-powerful position on Israeli TV, which makes its current treatment of writers and directors even more shameful. The culture minister must intervene.0 comments
Contemporary Israel has no national singer and the facility by which Einstein was unthinkingly crowned is pathetic.9 comments
News: Diplomacy and Defense | National | World | Middle East | Archaeology | Israel weather | Opinion | Features
Jewish World: News | Features | Rabbis' Round Table | The Jewish Thinker | Haaretz Store
Haaretz.com Blogs: A Special Place in Hell | West of Eden | Jerusalem & Babylon | Sayed Kashua | Routine Emergencies | Jerusalem Vivendi | David's Harp | Exposure: Haaretz Photo Blog | Diplomania | Strenger than Fiction | Modern Manna | The Fifth Question
© Haaretz Daily Newspaper Ltd. All Rights Reserved