How ludicrous is the gap between the overdose of affection the Israeli public has showered on home-grown Ethiopian pop hits - and the racism and revulsion it has shown toward the Ethiopians themselves.0 comments
- 6:32 PM
ISIS militants purging Palmayra of Assad loyalists (AP)
Report: Wounded Egyptian soldier kidnapped and killed in Sinai (Reuters)
Obama signs bill authorizing Congressional review of Iran deal (Reuters)
Two Saudis killed in rocket attacks launched from Yemen, Saudi agency reports (Reuters)
U.S., allies conduct 20 air strikes against ISIS in Iraq, military says (Reuters)
UN: Cholera epidemic hits 3,000 Burundi refugees in Tanzania (Reuters)
Egyptian soldier kidnapped by suspected Islamist militants in Sinai (Reuters)
- 7:02 PM
Nigerian Muslims set court ablaze over 'insult' to Mohammed (AP)
British bomber jailed for life for murder of U.S. sergeant in Iraq (Reuters)
Joint List MK: Obama's remarks show Netanyahu's racist policies aren't taken lightly (Haaretz)
Three Ukrainian servicemen killed, 12 wounded over past 24 hours in E. Ukraine, Kiev says (Reuters)
Suicide bomber strikes at Saudi Shi'ite mosque, several casualties (Reuters)
EU, Ukraine sign $2 billion loan deal at Eastern summit (AP)
The classrooms are small and the staff members are many. This is a school that teaches children how to think, behave and get ahead in life.0 comments
According to Justice Elyakim Rubinstein, if I call for a boycott, which might be the only hope against apartheid in our emerging binational state, I threaten to destroy Israel.0 comments
- High Court largely upholds controversial 'Anti-Boycott Law'
- Israel's High Court takes compromised stand on freedom of expression
- Legitimizing the anti-boycott bill harms Israeli democracy
- Israel’s Low Court of Justice helps perpetuate the occupation
- A defeat for Israel, a victory for settlers and BDS
- Am I trying to destroy the Jewish people?
It is our moral duty and civil right to encourage the president to act against Israel's racist and anti-democratic regime.12 comments
By what right did you stand there, using your reputation and your prestige, to try and influence the members of Congress to accept Netanyahu’s position on an issue that has nothing to do with you?54 comments
- Full transcript of Netanyahu’s address to U.S. Congress
- WATCH: Israeli PM Netanyahu addresses Congress on Iranian nuclear deal
- Nobel laureate Elie Wiesel lends support to Netanyahu's Congress speech
- The tragedy of Elie Wiesel
- Elie Wiesel hides ethnic cleansing behind a prayer shawl
- What if Elie Wiesel had become Israel’s president?
- Lost Elie Wiesel play 'The Choice' receives belated premiere
It will be obscene if, the day after the election, Herzog – heading a slate of 20-something MKs – declares that the people have spoken. And it will be truly obscene if Netanyahu claims that the people want him to continue governing.3 comments
Up to a dozen people were stabbed in a terror attack on my doorstep last Wednesday, but there were no cries for revenge or sympathy.0 comments
- Netanyahu, Lieberman, Bennett blame Abbas for Tel Aviv bus attack
- Israel election updates / Israeli politicians respond to Tel Aviv terror attack
- Tel Aviv bus terrorist says he was motivated by Gaza War, Temple Mount, martyrdom
- 'I am a knife' hashtag supports bus terror attack in Tel Aviv
- WATCH: 'On a scale of one to ten, how irritated is the White House with Netanyahu?'
Israelis have been bombarded with images of a homeless tent camp this week, but their interest will vanish quicker than the winter storms.1 comments
While our generous king, Benjamin Netanyahu, was battling enemies from without, I myself was an enemy from within.0 comments
A racist society composes racist songs. 'Ahmed loves Israel' is completely legitimate in the context of Israeli society.7 comments
- No, Arik Einstein wasn’t Israel’s 'national singer’
- Haaretz Daily Cartoon - 28/11/2014
- Israeli singer calls on fans to fight 'leftist Satan' with love
- Good music, flawed humanity: Amir Benayoun's post-storm album has both
- Obama as Pharaoh: Israeli singer releases Passover song referring to 'stupid president'
Netanyahu does not know how to solve the paradox between the terrifying reality he has created and the idea of a Jewish state he worships.3 comments
- What was occupying Netanyahu's mind when he made his Christmas gaffe?
- On this Passover, face the truth: Peace is dead
- Israel is my home, but I can no longer live here
- New York ultra-Orthodox are following Israel's bad example
- Confessions of an Israeli traitor
- Does Netanyahu belong to the same club as Putin, Erdogan and Sissi?
- Sorry folks, Israel's Declaration of Independence made no mention of democracy
- Without a Palestinian state, Israel can never be Jewish or democratic
The U.S. comedian's self‑diagnosis of being on the autism scale is beyond a joke.5 comments
- Missing 'Seinfeld'? No problem, take a virtual tour
- If Seinfeld were made in 2014, this is how it would look
- Jerry Seinfeld and Larry David may be going to Broadway
- Will Larry David’s Broadway show add to his Jewish file?
- A school for autistic kids as a model for the entire education system
- Autistic girl, boy toddlers differ in white-matter brain structure
Don't be fooled by the media. What's happening now in Jerusalem isn't an intifada. It's a civil war in a binational state.2 comments
- Despite PM's request, right-wing politicians adding fuel to Jerusalem fire
- Jews forbidden from going to Temple Mount, says chief Sephardi rabbi
- Israeli police kill Palestinian suspect in Jerusalem assassination attempt
- Netanyahu: No change in the status quo at the Temple Mount
- Bennett calls for military crackdown in Jerusalem
- A decade without Arafat: Palestinian leader, symbol and mystery
- Security officials concerned that East J'lem violence will spread to West Bank, Israeli Arabs
A 10-day vacation right after the summer holidays is a huge and annoying waste of time that does nothing but glorify a minor feast.4 comments
Israel is not worth the price it is exacting from us. There is a nationalist-religious-ultra-Orthodox majority, and our lifestyle will not survive.23 comments
- It is immoral to leave Israel just because it offers you a bum deal
- Hey right-wingers, the Arabs are staying
- Poll: One-third of Israelis think about leaving
- Bringing liberal Israelis back home
- Can you live in Israel without contributing to the occupation?
- Why I sent my son to an Israel Defense Forces combat unit
- Yom Kippur 5775: Jewish liberals are running out of options
- Netanyahu's Israel is neither Jewish nor democratic
- Confessions of an Israeli traitor
That's what two prominent missile experts assert. Could the Israel Defense Forces and the government be lying to us?13 comments
There is a grating disparity between the Israeli trend for veganism and the public's indifference to the suffering of the weak elements in society.24 comments
- Could Netanyahu be turning vegan?
- Do Israelis love peppers more than they hate the occupation?
- Dead cats and rabbits on the Independence Day barbecue
- Will veganism be the jihad of 2014?
- Gary Yourofsky to Haaretz: 'Animal Holocaust' isn’t over
- Documentary reveals secrets of Hitler's $5 billion missing fortune
- The meat industry, Nazis and true horror
Just like the average Israeli leftist, Beatles icon John Lennon cooperated with occupation while musing about a world without borders.1 comments
The racist comments were part of a private, desperate conversation with his mistress. Yet in Israel, racist comments spew openly from the mouths of our elected politicians.11 comments
- Who is Donald Sterling and how did he become synonymous with bigotry?
- The ugly truth behind Donald Sterling's racist comments
- Reported racist comments land Jewish NBA team owner in trouble
- New tape: NBA owner Sterling told girlfriend, 'In Israel, blacks are treated like dogs'
- Jewish groups condemn Donald Sterling remarks
- L.A. Jewish community condemns Clippers owner
- David Geffen wants to buy L.A. Clippers from Donald Sterling
- Clippers' Sterling offers apology for racist remarks
America won’t present an ultimatum, Vladimir Putin won’t put a gun to our head, Europe won’t boycott until the situation becomes unbearable. Don’t count on another splitting of the Red Sea.3 comments
The idea of linking the potential release of the jailed spy with the peace talks is idiocy of the highest order.10 comments
- Report: U.S. may release Pollard to keep peace talks afloat
- Jonathan Pollard is no Prisoner of Zion
- Pro-Pollard demonstrators rally outside U.S. Embassy in Tel Aviv
- U.S. denies plans to free Pollard for peace
- U.S. Justice Dept. Internet site: Pollard's life term to end in 2015
- Jonathan Pollard hospitalized, condition 'not good'
- U.S. may free Pollard if Israel agrees to freeze construction, release prisoners
- Don't hug Pollard when he lands
Israelis didn't judge him like other prime ministers, because he made them feel good about themselves.10 comments
- Former PM Ariel Sharon's medical condition significantly deteriorates
- Sharon’s spirit hovers over Netanyahu’s hardest decision: accepting the 1967 'Auschwitz borders’
- Election time in Israel: Yearning for Ariel Sharon
- Ariel Sharon's doctors say he is clinging to life, 'fighting like a lion'
- Learning to love Ariel Sharon
- Ariel Sharon, a complicated man
- Ariel Sharon needs a 'miracle' to prevent further decline
- Where would Israel be without Sharon?
- My travels with Ariel Sharon
- Arik Sharon told me: 'I am Israel's most defamed political leader'
News: Diplomacy and Defense | National | World | Middle East | Archaeology | Israel weather | Opinion | Features
Jewish World: News | Features | Rabbis' Round Table | The Jewish Thinker | Haaretz Store
Haaretz.com Blogs: A Special Place in Hell | West of Eden | Jerusalem & Babylon | Sayed Kashua | Routine Emergencies | Jerusalem Vivendi | David's Harp | Exposure: Haaretz Photo Blog | Diplomania | Strenger than Fiction | Modern Manna | The Fifth Question
© Haaretz Daily Newspaper Ltd. All Rights Reserved