Dov Waxman is Professor of Political Science, International Affairs, and Israel Studies at Northeastern University and the co-director of its Middle East Center. He is the author of "The Pursuit of Peace and the Crisis of Israeli Identity: Defending / Defining the Nation" (Palgrave Macmillan, 2006), and the co-author of "Israel’s Palestinians: The Conflict Within" (Cambridge University Press, 2011).
- 8:17 AM
China says 6.5 quake in far west kills three, collapses homes (AP)
Alligator kills 28-year-old swimmer in Texas (DPA)
- 1:46 AM
Top-ranking Mormon leader Boyd K. Packer dies at age 90 (AP)
- 10:49 PM
Pope to Christians: Put aside divisions amid persecution in Middle East (AP)
Iran's Zarif: We've never been closer to a nuclear deal (Reuters)
- 8:18 PM
- 7:15 PM
- 5:49 PM
- 5:39 PM
- 5:17 PM
- 4:40 PM
- 4:02 PM
The best way to combat right-wing, militaristic Zionism is to offer a more humane, tolerant alternative.3 comments
How much longer can liberal Zionists uphold Jewish self-determination at the expense of Palestinian self-determination?17 comments
- South Africa's Passover lesson for Israel
- Why John Kerry’s peace mission should worry liberal Zionists
- Kerry can survive failure, but can Israel?
- On Israel’s 66th Independence Day, an urgent question for liberal Jews
- Letters to the Editor
- Radical pyromania: How the religious right and the Haredim are setting Israel aflame
- Lapid’s Zionism of the white Jew
AIPAC's power is legendary, not least to conspiracy theorists, but the pro-Israel lobby’s latest push for Congress to impose more sanctions on Iran reveals the limitations of its influence.8 comments
- Obama: Now is not the time for new Iran sanctions
- In case you were wondering: AIPAC is not Israel
- The fine line between criticizing Israel and anti-Semitism
- AIPAC and American Jews: Be proud of Jewish power
- Why the self-defeating secrecy, AIPAC and de Blasio?
- Obama and his administration should stay away from this year’s AIPAC Conference
The Iran nuclear agreement has set up American Jews' nightmare scenario: an apparently intractable conflict between their allegiances to the U.S. and to Israel.18 comments
- Israel asks U.S. Jews, Israelis: Where do your loyalties lie?
- How the Iran crisis became a test of American Jewish 'loyalty'
- Torn between two passports: Prisoner X and dual citizenship
- Can Jews be equally loyal to U.S. and Israel?
- On July 4, marking the independence of American Jewry
- The P5+1-Iran interim deal: Let the haggling begin
- Putin's Jewish embrace: Is it love or politics?
Despite U.S. Secretary of State Kerry's pleas, there's little chance the American Jewish community will pressure the Israeli government to enter negotiations.29 comments
- American Jewish leaders: Netanyahu should disown 'irresponsible' statements against two-state solution
- Kerry contradicts cliche: U.S. DOES want peace more than Israelis and Palestinians
- Why U.S. Jews must embrace Kerry's appeal to put pressure on Netanyahu
- Lessons on peace & U.S. Jews, from Florida rightist who urges Israelis to 'Bring down traitor Bibi'
- Syria crisis highlights rift running through J Street
The coming American Jewish estrangement from Israel is a myth. What actually happens in Israel is much less important to most American Jews than what it stands for in their hearts and minds. But that also means there's no U.S. Jewish leverage on Israelis not to vote the far right into office.25 comments
- The U.S. isn't in our pocket
- Dear Prime Minister Netanyahu: U.S. Jews are fed up with not being valued
- Lesson of 2012: Israel's progressive Jews will continue to dissent
- PM responds to Obama: Only Israelis can determine Israel's best interests
- Long live Bibi the bathtub king
- Longings and disappointments: A voter in exile in New York
- Because I love Israel: Don't vote for democracy’s death certificate
- Habayit Hayehudi's Bennett looks poised to win English-speaking stronghold
- Not a make-or-break election
A more heavily Orthodox American Jewish population spells the end of a long love affair with liberalism and the Democratic Party.5 comments
News: Diplomacy and Defense | National | World | Middle East | Archaeology | Israel weather | Opinion | Features
Jewish World: News | Features | Rabbis' Round Table | The Jewish Thinker | Haaretz Store
Haaretz.com Blogs: A Special Place in Hell | West of Eden | Jerusalem & Babylon | Sayed Kashua | Routine Emergencies | Jerusalem Vivendi | David's Harp | Exposure: Haaretz Photo Blog | Diplomania | Strenger than Fiction | Modern Manna | The Fifth Question
© Haaretz Daily Newspaper Ltd. All Rights Reserved