Oh La La! French Food in Israel
'So Frenchy So Tasty' festival kicks off in Tel Aviv this week this week, with 19 French chefs cooking in local restaurants. Daniella Cheslow and 'The Tel Aviv Table' pay tribute to the homeland of gourmet cooking.
The French Embassy in Israel has flown 19 French chefs in to cook in local restaurants for the So Frenchy So Tasty festival this week – so we present a program about French cuisine and its reflection in Israel.
• Thibault Bera, former chef to the French Ambassador and the chef of Pastel restaurant at the Tel Aviv museum, talks about starting the festival and cooking for Israelis.
• Yair Yosefi, of Tel Aviv’s Elba restaurant, joins me in studio to talk about training in France and what he brought back to Israel.
• Chefs Sylvain Sendra (One star Michelin, l’Itinéraire, Paris) and Yossi Shitreet talk about cooking together this week at Yossi’s Kitchen Market restaurant at the Tel Aviv port.
• Avinoam Brakin of “Barkanit” Dairy explains how French volunteers taught him how to make world-class sheep and goat cheese.
• Wine expert Tal Gal Cohen tells me what makes French wine special and how Israeli wines compare.
• Guest of honor Mara Berman, one of this show’s earliest and most enthusiastic fans, talks about how eating changes when you have a baby.
• And food news at the bottom of the show.
Like us on Facebook and get articles directly in your news feed