Yonatan - Comment - Israel News | Haaretz Daily Newspaper
  • p.TextOutput { R static java.lang.String p.mt = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValuePolicy'; R static java.lang.String p.publicInterfaces = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValued'; R static java.lang.String p.beanClass = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValuePolicy'; RW java.lang.String value = '0'; R transient java.lang.Object _data = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.NumberInputPolicy'; },ModelStore=com.polopoly.model.ModelStoreInMap p.TextOutput { R static java.lang.String p.mt = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValuePolicy'; R static java.lang.String p.publicInterfaces = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValued'; R static java.lang.String p.beanClass = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValuePolicy'; RW java.lang.String value = '0'; R transient java.lang.Object _data = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.NumberInputPolicy'; },ModelStore=com.polopoly.model.ModelStoreInMap
    • Walid
    • 17.01.10 | 16:49 (IST)

    Your information is way off. Over 80% of all Lebanese support Hizbullah in its conflict with Israel. The other 20% is made up of people that don't care or are collaborators of Israel. Anyone telling you that Lebanon would be at peace with Israel if it weren't for Hizbullah doesn't know the history of the area. In the early 80s Lebanese collaborators had signed on to a deal with Israel but the majority of Lebanese rejected it and Hizbullah wasn't even around back then. In 2006, most of the country was behind Hizbullah and it still is today and will always be. Your idea of the Lebanese people wanting to be friendly to Israel is wishful thinking; mostly everyone in Lebanon hates Israel for what it has repeatedly done to Lebanon and the Palestinians and they're not about to forget any time soon.

    from the article: U.S. official: Arming of Hezbollah could spark Israel-Syria war
    First published 08:52 17.01.10 | Last updated 15:41 17.01.10
Haaretz Headlines
Drilling for Hamas tunnels Gaza
Hamas tunnel threat burrows into minds of Israeli military, political leaders

Hamas may have told Israel it isn’t looking for another war in Gaza, but it’s clearly desperate to advance its attack tunnels. It’s also delighted to be sowing seeds of discontent and concern among the Israeli public.

04:19 13.02.16 | 0 comments
EU foreign policy chief Federica Mogherini and Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu
Israel and EU end 3-month crisis, agree to resume talks on Palestinian issue

In phone conversation, European Union foreign policy chief Federica Mogherini invites Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to EU headquarters in Brussels.

21:32 12.02.16 | 0 comments
What's good for one person might be bad for another, and vice versa.
Which foods make you fat? The answer is in your gut

Is rice more healthful than ice cream? Not necessarily. Are potatoes harmful? Not for everyone. A breakthrough study by two researchers from the Weizmann Institute shows that each of us has a different 'microbiome,' that makes us respond to foods differently. Get ready for a new medical revolution.

16:31 11.02.16 | 0 comments
Elizabeth (Elisheva) Smit at Ben-Gurion International Airport.

How a trip to Israel healed a South African professor's soul

Arrivals / Departures: A South African recalls how Israelis gave her the motivation to go on with her life; an Israeli says Americans know how to live, while the Japanese don't.