I don't know if it is true that Jewish Americans are loosing interest in Israel. But the data on which Akiva Eidar based his claim certainly doesn't show he is right. The fact that "just 10 percent of American-Jewish voters said Israel was their highest priority when they went to the polls" doesn't mean that the other 90% don't care about Israel, it only means Israel is not on the top of their list of concerns. How should it be, if their homeland is not Israel, but the USA?
Palestinians report IDF airstrikes on Islamic Jihad targets in southern Gaza Strip (Haaretz)
from the article: American Jews are giving up on Israel