why is israel so selfish - Comment - Israel News | Haaretz Daily Newspaper
  • p.TextOutput { R static java.lang.String p.mt = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValuePolicy'; R static java.lang.String p.publicInterfaces = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValued'; R static java.lang.String p.beanClass = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValuePolicy'; RW java.lang.String value = '3'; R transient java.lang.Object _data = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.NumberInputPolicy'; },ModelStore=com.polopoly.model.ModelStoreInMap p.TextOutput { R static java.lang.String p.mt = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValuePolicy'; R static java.lang.String p.publicInterfaces = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValued'; R static java.lang.String p.beanClass = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValuePolicy'; RW java.lang.String value = '4'; R transient java.lang.Object _data = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.NumberInputPolicy'; },ModelStore=com.polopoly.model.ModelStoreInMap
    • wanderer
    • 07.10.10 | 14:24 (IST)

    Palestinians were offered half of mandated palestine in 1947. They of course refused as it was their belief that all the land was Palestine and was not the UN's to carve out into two states, one for palestinians and one for the jews. History shows that in retrospect the partition plan would have been a far better proposition for Palestinians and would have spared them a lot of pain. Hindsight is 20-20, the past cannot be undone. Now Israel finds itself with 78% of mandated palestine and is too damn selfish to give the remaining 22% to the Palestinians for their own state. If that is not selfish, I don't know what is.

    from the article: Only the Bush-Sharon formula can save Obama and Netanyahu
    First published 02:12 07.10.10 | Last updated 02:12 07.10.10
Haaretz Headlines
Israeli soldiers in Gaza during operation protective edge, 2014.

IDF asks veterans' group to reveal sources

IDF asks state to file request, claiming army needs more details in order to investigate suspected war crimes claims allegedly raised by veterans' groups.

Republican U.S. presidential candidates former Governor Jeb Bush (L) and businessman Donald Trump (R

Bush and Trump clash over Iraq war and 9/11

After Trump blasts Bush and his brother over Iraq war and 9/11, Bush says Trump was 'building a TV show while my brother was building a security apparatus.'

Avigdor 'Yanush' Ben Gal in 2013

Legendary IDF general Avigdor 'Yanush' Ben-Gal dead at 80

Ben-Gal, credited with playing a key role in Israel's victory over Syria in 1973, was 'one of the few who, by virtue of their actions, shaped the IDF, the armored corps and our combat doctrine,' Defense Minister Ya'alon says.

Sara Netanyahu (Eran Wolkowski)

Sara Netanyahu's house of horrors

People who have the misfortune to work in the Prime Minister’s Residence live in a milieu of terror in its classic sense: a place in which fear and dread are imposed by means of violence, force and threats. This has now been established by a court ruling.