to upholder of truth - Comment - Israel News | Haaretz Daily Newspaper
  • p.TextOutput { R static java.lang.String p.mt = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValuePolicy'; R static java.lang.String p.publicInterfaces = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValued'; R static java.lang.String p.beanClass = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValuePolicy'; RW java.lang.String value = '0'; R transient java.lang.Object _data = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.NumberInputPolicy'; },ModelStore=com.polopoly.model.ModelStoreInMap p.TextOutput { R static java.lang.String p.mt = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValuePolicy'; R static java.lang.String p.publicInterfaces = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValued'; R static java.lang.String p.beanClass = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValuePolicy'; RW java.lang.String value = '0'; R transient java.lang.Object _data = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.NumberInputPolicy'; },ModelStore=com.polopoly.model.ModelStoreInMap
    • Inigo Montoya
    • 02.08.07 | 20:05 (IDT)

    I agree that is wrong to think that anyone does not "deserve" peace. I don't think that that is the problem. When 80% of Palestine was given independence and renamed Jordan, Jews didn't complain much. When the UN voted to partition the remaining 20% into 2 states with borders and govts based on demographic majority, the overwhelming majority of Jews accepted it. Many Arabs stayed. There are now over 1.3 Million Arab Israeli citizens. Arabs ethnically cleansed all Jews they could. In Israel anyone can own land. It is a death penalty crime for Jews to own land in Palestine under PA law. The problem (from the Israeli side) is almost entirely not a question of "deserving" peace, but of trusting that the other side wants peace. We are indeed all human beings, deserving respect and dignity. We are in a terrible state. I hope we can reverse the demonization of "the other" and achieve real and lasting peace among equals. Salaam.

    from the article: PlayStation Palestine
    First published 00:00 02.08.07 | Last updated 00:00 02.08.07
Haaretz Headlines
PM Benjamin Netanyahu attends weekly cabinet meeting at his office in Jerusalem. August 16, 2015.

Israel defiant as Obama gains Iran deal support

Netanyahu unlikely to recede from U.S. campaign against the agreement, despite Obama's success in garnering enough Senate support to ensure passage of deal.

Sen. Barbara Mikulski, accompanied by Sen. Charles Schumer, June 9, 2015.

U.S. pledges aid to Israel as Iran deal pushes on

Democratic Senator Barbara Mikulski becomes 34th Senator to back Iran deal, giving president the right to uphold veto in case of opposition vote.

A round from an automatic weapon fired at Kibbutz Nativ Ha'Asara, September 2, 2015.

Live rounds fired at kibbutz on Gaza border

IDF believes the firing was accidental and came from northern part of the strip.

An Israeli soldier detains a Palestinian boy during a protest.

Israel's 'Eric Garner moment' and victim-blaming

Even when arresting children, Israel insists it has the moral upper hand: In the Nabi Saleh incident, Israel's 'Eric Garner moment' cast the soldier, not the kids, as the innocent victim.