Those so called "pre-conditions" - Comment - Israel News | Haaretz Daily Newspaper
  • p.TextOutput { R static java.lang.String p.mt = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValuePolicy'; R static java.lang.String p.publicInterfaces = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValued'; R static java.lang.String p.beanClass = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValuePolicy'; RW java.lang.String value = '117'; R transient java.lang.Object _data = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.NumberInputPolicy'; },ModelStore=com.polopoly.model.ModelStoreInMap p.TextOutput { R static java.lang.String p.mt = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValuePolicy'; R static java.lang.String p.publicInterfaces = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValued'; R static java.lang.String p.beanClass = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValuePolicy'; RW java.lang.String value = '26'; R transient java.lang.Object _data = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.NumberInputPolicy'; },ModelStore=com.polopoly.model.ModelStoreInMap
    • Joe
    • 16.08.10 | 00:36 (IDT)

    have been the basis for talks since Oslo. There is nothing new in them: "the creation of a Palestinian state based on 67 borders with east Jerusalem as it's capital" has been reiterated a million times over at ever level before, after and during any talks between Palestinians and Israeli's? The truth is, for years, decades to be exact, Israel set preconditions before talking to the PLO. The Palestinians accepted pretty much all of them - short of committing self-genocide - and in essence gave up claim to 87% of Palestine - and now comes time for Israel to negotiate and draw the map on the remaining 13%? And all we get is stonewall rejection from Israel. How convenient! It is beyond pathetic and despite what conventional wisdom might suggest, the losers here will be Israeli's in the end. History will not be kind to those who reject a peaceful settlement. Palestinians learned this the hard way and soon Israeli's will learn this harsh lesson. There are no do overs, say hello to the new Middle East with the same old problems.

    from the article: Top ministers: Israel will reject any Quartet preconditions for direct talks
    First published 22:39 15.08.10 | Last updated 22:39 15.08.10
Haaretz Headlines
J Street Israel director Yael Patir
Head of J Street Israel refuses to take the blame for lack of peace

Yael Patir, Israel director of the left-leaning U.S. Jewish body, sat down with Haaretz to talk about Trump, the gap between U.S. and Israeli Jews, and the growing anger at the Israeli peace camp. Though she concedes boycott efforts by some on the left have a negative effect, she rejects calls to keep peace efforts local.

01:12 01.05.16 | 4 comments
Maram Abu Ismayil, 23, and brother Ibrahim Salah Tahah, 16, shot after attempted stabbing at Qalandi

Israel Police refuse to release video of thwarted West Bank stabbing attack

Eyewitness accounts by Palestinians contradict police's claim that Maram Abu Ismayil, 23, and her brother Ibrahim Salah Tahah, 16, refused their request to stop and posed a threat to officers.

Turkish police
Two Israeli Bedouin reportedly kidnapped and then released in Turkey

The family had received a $200,000 ransom demand, which had not been paid, the father of one of the students said.

03:22 01.05.16 | 1 comments
A tricycle in the courtyard of the Beit Safra hostel in Carmiel
Neglect, untrained counselors and zero supervision: What happens in Israel’s homes for the autistic

With an annual increase of 15 percent in those diagnosed with autism, there is a serious lack of a framework for autistic individuals.

06:08 01.05.16 | 0 comments