• p.TextOutput { R static java.lang.String = ''; R static java.lang.String p.publicInterfaces = ''; R static java.lang.String p.beanClass = ''; RW java.lang.String value = '0'; R transient java.lang.Object _data = ''; },ModelStore=com.polopoly.model.ModelStoreInMap p.TextOutput { R static java.lang.String = ''; R static java.lang.String p.publicInterfaces = ''; R static java.lang.String p.beanClass = ''; RW java.lang.String value = '0'; R transient java.lang.Object _data = ''; },ModelStore=com.polopoly.model.ModelStoreInMap
    • Dutch
    • 22.06.06 | 14:32 (IDT)

    The obvious answer is to kick the Israelis out of the Middle East. They have shown a criminal disregard for the rights of the Palestinian people since they have arrived in the Middle East. In 1948 Zionist gangs almost wiped them and Palestine off the map when they cleared over 500 turned villages and towns to accommodate the incoming Jewish settlers. In the process they commended hundreds of thousands of innocent Palestinians to a life in wretched over crowded refugee camps and have refused to allow them to return to "their home" in accordance with UN resolution 194. And with each mounting crisis they have created directly or indirect -ly they have dispossessed thousands more and now after almost 60 years they have refused to allow the refugees return to "their home" while they have allowed Jews from all over the world to return to Israel and to illegally occupy Palestinian land. How unjust! The new settlers have forced the indigenous people off their own roads and many cannot get to their jobs, markets, schools and even their hospitals and they have rationed the indigenous people on their own water to satisfy the thirst of the greedy settlers who are allott -ed 20 times more water than them. How shameful. I recall last year the international alerts I received from concerned groups informing me that while many Palestinian wells had run dry the Jewish settlers ran their sprinkler systems and their pools and when the indigenous people complained to the Zionist soldiers they were called unspeakable names and their presence wished away. Then they have the audacity to talk about their rights over the rights of the indigenous people and demand that their blood be spilled when their unlawful rights are threatened as was the case in Sderot and the might of their army be waged against them to show them who was boss and master of the land. Well, I am fed up of these ungrateful people and so are many others I know around the world. They have ignored or broken all our human laws and even God's own, Indeed, they have broken the one law Jesus told the scribe was essential to keep Leviticus 19:18: "You will not exact vengeance on, or bear any sort of grudge against the members of your race, but will love your neighbor as yourself." My parents supported the partition of Palestine and Jewish peoples ' share (55%) but today they occupy 78% of Palestine and they have built over 200 settlements and outposts on the remaining 22% of their land --thus I am not supporting their right to keep it and say the obvious answer is to kick them out of the ME. Sincerely, Dutch

    from the article: Learning the hard way
    First published 00:00 22.06.06 | Last updated 00:00 22.06.06
Haaretz Headlines
Uri Ariel visiting the Temple Mount.

Netanyahu bans Temple Mount visits by ministers, MKs

The premier's directive to the police to reduce tensions by preventing visits to the sanctuary was issued before he visited New York last week.

Stabbing Petah Tikva

Man stabbed at Petah Tikva mall, assailant in custody

Victim suffers light wounds in third such attack in single day; In Jerusalem, Palestinian youth tries to stab police officers.

A view of Temple Mount

Temple Mount violence rooted in contradictory views

How can Israelis and Palestinians agree on the status quo if they can't even settle on the definition of Temple Mount?

Riff Cohen

North African punk with a touch of strawberry syrup

Riff Cohen's new album doesn't overdo the cuteness and hits hard with Mizrahi indie pop and her traditional childlike fare.