PART 2 - cummings - Comment - Israel News | Haaretz Daily Newspaper
  • p.TextOutput { R static java.lang.String p.mt = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValuePolicy'; R static java.lang.String p.publicInterfaces = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValued'; R static java.lang.String p.beanClass = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValuePolicy'; RW java.lang.String value = '0'; R transient java.lang.Object _data = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.NumberInputPolicy'; },ModelStore=com.polopoly.model.ModelStoreInMap p.TextOutput { R static java.lang.String p.mt = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValuePolicy'; R static java.lang.String p.publicInterfaces = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValued'; R static java.lang.String p.beanClass = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValuePolicy'; RW java.lang.String value = '0'; R transient java.lang.Object _data = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.NumberInputPolicy'; },ModelStore=com.polopoly.model.ModelStoreInMap
    • zionist forever
    • 13.12.09 | 20:46 (IST)

    The nomadic arabs followed the work and came to work for the zionists. Eventually some founded villages because life under the zionists was good & better than under Turkish rule There were also a few isolated small arab villages and there were jews who had lived there for thousands of years although they mostly lived in cities like Hebron, Jerusalem & Tsfat. In WW1 the British want arab help and they promised arab independence in the region ( arabs assumed they would get the entire ME ) but the French & British divided up the ME between theselves It upset the arabs & the jews who had been led to believe they would get a homeland. The arabs rejected the idea of giving the Holyland to the jews and the British compromise was to create Transjordan in 80% of Palestine & the remaining 20% they were given a League of Nations mandate to rule & prepare to impliment Balfour but the British decided they wanted to stay. In 1947 the UN voted for partition of that 20% 51 to jews & 49% to arabs.

    from the article: Netanyahu should admit Israel doesn't want peace
    First published 01:13 13.12.09 | Last updated 17:14 16.12.09
Haaretz Headlines
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu / State Comptroller Yitzhak Shapira
Israeli state comptroller to PM: Focus on answering Gaza war report instead of criticizing it

Associates close to Netanyahu and Ya'alon called draft review of Operation Protective Edge 'an unserious report that reeks of politicking.'

12:47 06.05.16 | 0 comments
Britain's opposition Labour Party leader Jeremy Corbyn leaves after an election campaign poster laun

Amid anti-Semitism furor, U.K. voters look set to punish Labour in local vote

The elections have been framed as a test of Corbyn's first months in charge of Labour after he shifted the party's political stance sharply to the left.

Sheldon Adelson and his wife, Miriam.
Trump receives Sheldon Adelson's support for presidency bid

The New York businessman wasn’t the casino mogul's first choice for president, but Adelson concludes that he 'will be good for Israel.'

08:23 06.05.16 | 0 comments
A sign showing the distances to Damascus at an army post from the 1967 war at Mt. Bental.
After almost 50 years of Israeli rule, Jews still a minority on Golan Heights

Quality of life, sane housing prices, incredible scenery 
and quiet have failed to lure many Israelis to settle there, while local Druze and Arabs are still more connected to their Syrian brethren.

07:49 06.05.16 | 0 comments