Mr Ben Jabo (con't) - Comment - Israel News | Haaretz Daily Newspaper
  • p.TextOutput { R static java.lang.String p.mt = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValuePolicy'; R static java.lang.String p.publicInterfaces = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValued'; R static java.lang.String p.beanClass = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValuePolicy'; RW java.lang.String value = '0'; R transient java.lang.Object _data = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.NumberInputPolicy'; },ModelStore=com.polopoly.model.ModelStoreInMap p.TextOutput { R static java.lang.String p.mt = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValuePolicy'; R static java.lang.String p.publicInterfaces = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValued'; R static java.lang.String p.beanClass = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValuePolicy'; RW java.lang.String value = '0'; R transient java.lang.Object _data = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.NumberInputPolicy'; },ModelStore=com.polopoly.model.ModelStoreInMap
    • Stephen
    • 29.10.09 | 20:24 (IST)

    This "Jewish" state requirement is a step too far. Everyone knows that 75% of the population is of jewish background/religon. It's the other 25% that I am concerned about. With Mr Lieberman in power and the couple of things he has proposed is alarming. The loyality oaths..what country does that now? Also Lieberman wanted national ID Cards for non Jewish Israeli citizens , What's that about? A couple years the Knesset wouldn't seat legally elected members (2) of the Knesset who are Arabic Israeli citizens. What was that about? I see the word "jewish" injected into the requirements as a obstacle to peace and peace talks. The Palestinians acknowledged Israel in the '93 time frame; and the Arab League countries recognize Israel in their 2002 proposal. Now, Bibi wants more-- he wants the word the "jewish" in their recognition.

    from the article: Top Obama aide: U.S. commitment to Israel is not a slogan
    First published 19:25 27.10.09 | Last updated 22:28 27.10.09
Haaretz Headlines
Palestinian police in Ramallah.
Shin Bet head: Palestinian security forces respond to Israeli tips and thwart attacks

But while singing the praises of Israeli security coordination with the Palestinian Authority, Yoram Cohen tells the cabinet that Israeli operations are still responsible for thwarting the majority of attacks.

18:03 04.05.16 | 0 comments
Republican U.S. presidential candidate John Kasich speaks at the California GOP convention
John Kasich suspends presidential campaign after Indiana loss

Republican front-runner Donald Trump's last remaining challenger suspended his campaign after finishing third in Indiana's primary, U.S. news outlets report.

18:57 04.05.16 | 0 comments
Hillary Clinton and Benjamin Netanyahu

'Clinton believed Mideast peace efforts would hurt her White House run'

'Alter Egos' by N.Y. Times' Mark Landler contains never-before published details about U.S.-Israel ties during Clinton's tenure as secretary of state.

Jeremy Corbyn at a pro-Palestinian rally in London, 2014.

Why U.K's Labour Party won't confront Muslim anti-Semitism

Too many Labour politicians cravenly adopted the anti-Semitic tropes and anti-Israel demonization they think will get them British Muslim votes, rather than standing up to the prejudice that exists in the community.