Melissa is so wrong. - Comment - Israel News | Haaretz Daily Newspaper
  • p.TextOutput { R static java.lang.String p.mt = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValuePolicy'; R static java.lang.String p.publicInterfaces = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValued'; R static java.lang.String p.beanClass = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValuePolicy'; RW java.lang.String value = '0'; R transient java.lang.Object _data = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.NumberInputPolicy'; },ModelStore=com.polopoly.model.ModelStoreInMap p.TextOutput { R static java.lang.String p.mt = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValuePolicy'; R static java.lang.String p.publicInterfaces = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValued'; R static java.lang.String p.beanClass = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValuePolicy'; RW java.lang.String value = '0'; R transient java.lang.Object _data = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.NumberInputPolicy'; },ModelStore=com.polopoly.model.ModelStoreInMap
    • Lisa Epstein
    • 29.04.14 | 17:18 (IDT)

    Melissa you say While you are at it, please educate us re: the particulars of the Israeli peace proposal. Did you ever hear of the Barak and Olmert offer? A few weeks ago, the Arab league rejected Israel being the Jewish state cause the Arabs want to flood Israel with millions of Arabs so Israel becomes the 23rd Arab state. The talks have made no progress because the Palestinian Arabs refuse to accept the FACTS that Israel is a Jewish nation, 99% of the Palestinian Arabs are not refugees, and the other 1% should have gotten on with their lives years ago, and the Jews, Hindus, and Sikhs expelled from Muslim lands did. The Palestinians want 2 Palestinian states and no Jewish state. They want a Palestinian state free of Jews and to flood Israel with millions of Arabs for the 2nd Pal state. Obama should know, Saying that is it time for the Palestinians to make concessions is the end of the peace talks. Because Palestinians and concessions don't work together. The Palestinians will never experience a civilized culture or community as long as their corrupt, racist, religiously intolerant leaders and elders promote terrorism and hatred towards non-muslims.

    from the article: Waiting for the Palestinian Godot
    First published 06:00 24.04.14 | Last updated 17:52 23.04.14
Haaretz Headlines
Ashkenazi and Barak.

Why Barak regrets speaking out on Iran

There was no security breach in what the former defense minister said about how an attack was thwarted; what has suffered is mainly Israel’s image as a well-run, normal country whose leaders are capable of keeping a secret.

Obama at AIPAC convention, May 22, 2011.

Obama: On Iran, keep in mind we're all pro-Israel

In live webcast address, U.S. president criticizes heated rhetoric on side of nuclear deal's opponents, calls attacks on Rep. Nadler 'appalling.'

Israeli soldiers, May 1948.

The silenced history of the IDF's 'Mizrahi problem'

In 1951, a British-born officer wrote a report about the treatment of Mizrahi Jews in the Israeli army. It shows that there were already voices within the establishment warning against racism.

Amy Tan's grandmother (right) in a picture taken of her in traditional courtesan attire

Amy Tan's family secrets - a gift that keeps on giving

When the American novelist discovered her grandmother had been a courtesan in Shanghai, it was just the latest in a series of revelations that have inspired her work.