lydia - Comment - Israel News | Haaretz Daily Newspaper
  • p.TextOutput { R static java.lang.String p.mt = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValuePolicy'; R static java.lang.String p.publicInterfaces = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValued'; R static java.lang.String p.beanClass = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValuePolicy'; RW java.lang.String value = '1'; R transient java.lang.Object _data = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.NumberInputPolicy'; },ModelStore=com.polopoly.model.ModelStoreInMap p.TextOutput { R static java.lang.String p.mt = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValuePolicy'; R static java.lang.String p.publicInterfaces = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValued'; R static java.lang.String p.beanClass = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValuePolicy'; RW java.lang.String value = '17'; R transient java.lang.Object _data = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.NumberInputPolicy'; },ModelStore=com.polopoly.model.ModelStoreInMap
    • zionist forever
    • 04.08.10 | 18:23 (IDT)

    Israel has never existed in the borders of 181. In 1947 the UN partition plan proposed giving Israel 51% minus Jerusalem & Jaffa. The arabs 49% along with Jaffa but no Jerusalem. Then the arabs decided to invade and when the ceasefire was drawn up in 1949 israel was left with 78% + west Jerusalem and Jaffa. The remaining 22% of mandate Palestine went to Jordan and Egypt and its that remaining 22% that israel captured in 1967. So Israel has never existed inside the border of 1967 and assuming we create a palestinian entity it will only be in 22% of mandate Palestine not 49% allocated in 181

    from the article: Israel blames U.S., France for arming Lebanon
    First published 02:16 04.08.10 | Last updated 02:16 04.08.10
Haaretz Headlines
Elie Wiesel.
Newly unearthed version of Elie Wiesel's seminal work is a scathing indictment of God, Jewish world

In Wiesel’s uncensored Hebrew 'Night' manuscript, unveiled here for the first time, the author expresses desire to take revenge on the Hungarians, lashes out at fellow Jews and describes sexual scenes from the train to Auschwitz.

03:47 01.05.16 | 5 comments
Jeremy Corbyn at a pro-Palestinian rally in London, 2014.
Why Britain’s Labour Party has suddenly become synonymous with anti-Semitism

When senior party members spout vile anti-Jewish theories and at the same time insist they are in no way anti-Semites, they truly believe they are not lying.

09:39 01.05.16 | 16 comments
U.S. President Barack Obama speaks at the White House Correspondents Association's annual dinner

Obama slams Trump at White House correspondents' dinner

U.S. president calls Republican establishment 'incredulous', jokes that Trump's involvement in Miss Universe pageant makes up for minimal foreign policy experience.

J Street Israel director Yael Patir
Head of J Street Israel refuses to take the blame for lack of peace

Yael Patir, Israel director of the left-leaning U.S. Jewish body, sat down with Haaretz to talk about Trump, the gap between U.S. and Israeli Jews, and the growing anger at the Israeli peace camp. Though she concedes boycott efforts by some on the left have a negative effect, she rejects calls to keep peace efforts local.

01:12 01.05.16 | 5 comments