Less than two thirds of half of the 78%.... - Comment - Israel News | Haaretz Daily Newspaper
  • p.TextOutput { R static java.lang.String p.mt = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValuePolicy'; R static java.lang.String p.publicInterfaces = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValued'; R static java.lang.String p.beanClass = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValuePolicy'; RW java.lang.String value = '0'; R transient java.lang.Object _data = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.NumberInputPolicy'; },ModelStore=com.polopoly.model.ModelStoreInMap p.TextOutput { R static java.lang.String p.mt = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValuePolicy'; R static java.lang.String p.publicInterfaces = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValued'; R static java.lang.String p.beanClass = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValuePolicy'; RW java.lang.String value = '0'; R transient java.lang.Object _data = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.NumberInputPolicy'; },ModelStore=com.polopoly.model.ModelStoreInMap
    • Fivish
    • 26.06.10 | 18:10 (IDT)

    Jordan is 78% of the Jewish National Home. Created as an illegal act by Winston Churchill. The remaining 22% was to be divided (also illegaly) into another Arab state and a Jewish state. The Jewish states half would be 2/3 desert! So if it had happened, thankfully the Arabs rejected the plan, the Jewish state would be just 7% of that agreed at Paris and San Remo.

    from the article: Erekat to Meridor: Without two-state solution by year's end, 'you will sweat'
    First published 08:09 26.06.10 | Last updated 08:09 26.06.10
Haaretz Headlines
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu delivers a statement in his office in Jerusalem

PM: West Bank murder a 'horrific act of terrorism'

Condemnations from across the political spectrum in Israel after Palestinian baby burned to death in West Bank on Thursday night.

Yishai Schlissel at court after stabbing attack at Jerusalem gay pride parade. July 31. 2015.

Suspect in gay pride atttack rejects court authority

Yishai Schlissel's remand extended by 12 days for stabbing attack at Jerusalem pride parade.

Orthodox Jewish assailant stabs participants at gay pride parade in Jerusalem. July 30, 2015.

We're to blame for Jerusalem gay pride stabbing

We in the religious Jewish community have created a climate in which a 'bad seed' could come to think that murderous violence was a holy thing to do.

Roger Waters and Gideon Levy at the singer's home in the Hamptons.

Roger Waters: I hate apartheid, not Israel

Special interview | The former Pink Floyd singer talks to Gideon Levy about his political views, tragic family history – and when the rock star-turned-activist will be happy to play in Israel again.