justice - Comment - Israel News | Haaretz Daily Newspaper
  • p.TextOutput { R static java.lang.String p.mt = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValuePolicy'; R static java.lang.String p.publicInterfaces = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValued'; R static java.lang.String p.beanClass = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValuePolicy'; RW java.lang.String value = '3'; R transient java.lang.Object _data = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.NumberInputPolicy'; },ModelStore=com.polopoly.model.ModelStoreInMap p.TextOutput { R static java.lang.String p.mt = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValuePolicy'; R static java.lang.String p.publicInterfaces = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValued'; R static java.lang.String p.beanClass = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValuePolicy'; RW java.lang.String value = '23'; R transient java.lang.Object _data = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.NumberInputPolicy'; },ModelStore=com.polopoly.model.ModelStoreInMap
    • Orange
    • 16.12.11 | 01:02 (IST)

    you sound like a person that I may respect... the dilemma is determining what is fair. The 22% territorial figure you quote is only partly accurate. You omit the 1st partition of Palestine. 80% of British mandate Palestine was split of from Jewish settlement and sovereignty in favor of Jordan. The fact is that a solid majority of Jordan is Palestinian. The remaining 20% retained the name of Palestine until Israeli statehood was achieved in 1947. The 22% remaining portion is the West Bank and Gaza. Palestinian leaders state that they require a connecting corridor through Israel. that territory expands the 22%. It is my hope that the Palestinians will stop placing impediments and join Israel in Peace negotiations without preconditions. Thus far they have been steadfast in their refusal.

    from the article: WATCH: Haaretz interactive map of West Bank outposts
    First published 21:54 15.12.11 | Last updated 21:54 15.12.11
Haaretz Headlines
Hassan Nasrallah

U.S. team to visit Israel to talk Iran terror funding

Early-September visit, which will focus on increasing cooperation to stop Tehran's funding of Gazan, Lebanese terrorist groups, is tied to nuclear deal, says senior administration official.

Ofer Gamliel

The Jewish terrorists who aren't linked with the right

Citing overwhelming empirical evidence is an old leftist ploy aimed at harming political rivals and weakening Israel itself.

Masked Jewish settlers clash with Palestinians in the West Bank, Sept. 20, 2011.

Why can't Shin Bet stop the 'Jewish underground'?

The security service’s claim that a ‘pacifier-and-diaper’ underground is behind recent Jewish terror attacks strains credibility.

A Tel Aviv vigil after murder at Jerusalem Pride event.

What Israeli leaders really think about LGBTs, Arabs

With sharp homophobic quips and racist remarks, some lawmakers and ministers have provided fertile ground for minority baiting.