inbound39 - Comment - Israel News | Haaretz Daily Newspaper
  • p.TextOutput { R static java.lang.String p.mt = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValuePolicy'; R static java.lang.String p.publicInterfaces = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValued'; R static java.lang.String p.beanClass = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValuePolicy'; RW java.lang.String value = '0'; R transient java.lang.Object _data = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.NumberInputPolicy'; },ModelStore=com.polopoly.model.ModelStoreInMap p.TextOutput { R static java.lang.String p.mt = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValuePolicy'; R static java.lang.String p.publicInterfaces = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValued'; R static java.lang.String p.beanClass = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValuePolicy'; RW java.lang.String value = '0'; R transient java.lang.Object _data = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.NumberInputPolicy'; },ModelStore=com.polopoly.model.ModelStoreInMap
    • zionist forever
    • 02.05.13 | 22:58 (IDT)

    Your going to have a hard time getting Israel to go back to its legal borders of 1948. The UN partition plan of 1947 allocated 55% of Palestine minus Jaffa to Israel and the remaining 45% + Jaffa to the arab state. We had the war of independence and when the ceasefire was declared in 1949 we had 78% of Palestine, Jaffa and W.Jerusalem and the arabs had nothing. You seriously think we are going to withdraw to the borders allocated by the UN in 1947 which gave us just 55% of Palestine and no Jerusalem or Jaffa? Judea & Samaria is just the remaining 22% of Palestine we didn't capture in the war of independence not the land allocated to Israel under Resolution 181 ( the partition plan ) and not even Meretz would agree to return to the borders set by the UN in 1947.

    from the article: Livni flies to Washington for talks with Kerry on Arab League proposal for Palestinian state
    First published 13:40 02.05.13 | Last updated 13:40 02.05.13
Haaretz Headlines
A poster of Syrian President Bashar Assad in Damascus, Syria.

Ya'alon: Syria will not return to what it was before civil year

Defense minister sees Syria splitting into separate enclaves representing the main groups active in the fighting.

Avigdor 'Yanush' Ben Gal in 2013

Legendary IDF general Avigdor 'Yanush' Ben-Gal dead at 80

Ben-Gal, credited with playing a key role in Israel's victory over Syria in 1973, was 'one of the few who, by virtue of their actions, shaped the IDF, the armored corps and our combat doctrine,' Defense Minister Ya'alon says.

The scene of a suspected car-ramming attack near Ma'aleh Adumim, February 13, 2016.

4 border policemen wounded in suspected West Bank attack

Earlier, a Palestinian woman shot dead after attempting to stab an Israeli soldier in Hebron.

prayer Kadoorie–Mekor Haim synagogue in Porto, Portugal

New citizenship law revives Jewish community in Portugal

Five years ago, they were too poor to hire a full-time rabbi. But Portugal's law of return for Sephardic Jews has breathed new life into the Jewish Community of Porto.