inbound39 - Comment - Israel News | Haaretz Daily Newspaper
  • p.TextOutput { R static java.lang.String p.mt = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValuePolicy'; R static java.lang.String p.publicInterfaces = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValued'; R static java.lang.String p.beanClass = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValuePolicy'; RW java.lang.String value = '0'; R transient java.lang.Object _data = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.NumberInputPolicy'; },ModelStore=com.polopoly.model.ModelStoreInMap p.TextOutput { R static java.lang.String p.mt = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValuePolicy'; R static java.lang.String p.publicInterfaces = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValued'; R static java.lang.String p.beanClass = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValuePolicy'; RW java.lang.String value = '0'; R transient java.lang.Object _data = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.NumberInputPolicy'; },ModelStore=com.polopoly.model.ModelStoreInMap
    • zionist forever
    • 25.04.13 | 18:06 (IDT)

    if Jerusalem is not legally Israeli territory then whose is it? When the UN proposed partition in 1947 Jerusalem was supposed to be an international entity which would until a long term solution found continue to be governed by the British Empire. During the war of independence after the battle for Jerusalem the city was divided for the first time in its history and Jordan took the east and Israel the west ( if not Israel who does Jerusalem belong to? ). There was no formal owner of Jerusalem under the partition plan but Israel captured the west in 1948 and the east in 1967 who does it be returned to if there was no owner of the city prior to 1948? Also what land is recognized as being legally Israeli territory? In 1947 the UN allocated 55% of Palestine minus Jaffa to Israel and 45% + Jaffa to the arab state which never came into being. When the war of independence ended in 1949 and the ceasefire lines were drawn up Israel was left controlling 78% of Palestine + Jaffa + west Jerusalem. Then in 1967 when the ceasefire lines were drawn up Israel had captured the remaining 22% of mandate Palestine + east Jerusalem + Sinai + Golan. Israel itself has never even declared what its borders should be so how do you decide? WIll it be the borders of resoulution 181, will it be the ceasefire line from 1949, will it be the ceasefire line from 1967, will it be something else and who will decide what it should be?

    from the article: Like Israel, Palestinians must also learn the lessons of South Africa
    First published 02:53 25.04.13 | Last updated 02:53 25.04.13
Haaretz Headlines
Patrick Leahy - AP - 16.5.2012

U.S. is closely tracking allegations of Israeli human rights violations, State Dept. tells Leahy

Statement comes in response to letter from Senator Patrick Leahy and 10 other Democrats asking for reassessment of military aid due to alleged 'gross violations of human rights.'

Former London mayor Ken Livingstone leaves after appearing on the LBC radio station in London
Despite furor over 'Zionist Hitler' comment, Livingstone denies responsibility for Labour's election results

Former London mayor, who said last week that Hitler had supported Zionism, accuses right-wing parliamentarians of stoking anti-Semitism to harm party leader Jeremy Corbyn.

02:22 07.05.16 | 0 comments
Dilek Dundar, journalist Can Dundar's wife, and his lawyer, 2nd left, overpower a gunman
After assassination attempt, Turkish journalist sentenced for revealing state secrets

Can Dundar, editor-in-chief of Cumhuriyet, and Erdem Gul, the newspaper's Ankara bureau chief, have been sentenced to at least five years jailtime.

00:57 07.05.16 | 0 comments
Chocolate-caramel mousse with meringue puffs. Long preparations.
Shabbat meals go upscale in book penned by high priestess of kosher cuisine

Efrat Libfroind’s new book of recipes for the Sabbath tries to take hot plate reheating into account and make preparation simple. Does it pass the kitchen test?

03:15 07.05.16 | 0 comments