Here is my plan - Comment - Israel News | Haaretz Daily Newspaper
  • p.TextOutput { R static java.lang.String p.mt = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValuePolicy'; R static java.lang.String p.publicInterfaces = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValued'; R static java.lang.String p.beanClass = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValuePolicy'; RW java.lang.String value = '3'; R transient java.lang.Object _data = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.NumberInputPolicy'; },ModelStore=com.polopoly.model.ModelStoreInMap p.TextOutput { R static java.lang.String p.mt = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValuePolicy'; R static java.lang.String p.publicInterfaces = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValued'; R static java.lang.String p.beanClass = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValuePolicy'; RW java.lang.String value = '0'; R transient java.lang.Object _data = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.NumberInputPolicy'; },ModelStore=com.polopoly.model.ModelStoreInMap
    • Tsipi
    • 16.06.11 | 11:36 (IDT)

    1. Repeat Israel's 2001 offer: 95% of the West Bank and land swaps to make up the other 5%; East Jerusalem as capital; compensation for refugees but no return to Israel. 2. Sign a peace deal and implement it; pay off settlers to return to Israel and let those who refuse come to an arrangement with the new Palestinian state if they can. 3. Relations with all Arab states in terms of trade and tourism; also demand normal levels of a, ie none: any attempts to turn the new state into a Gaza-like Iranian missile base will be opposed by means including military if necessary. 4. integrate Israel into the region: make Arabic compulsory in Israeli schools, encourage cultural interchange; actively implement multicultural policy inside Israel, encouraging greater interaction of Jewish and Arab communities and creation of shared Israeli identity. 5. Seperate religion and state in Israel; undo all religious-based laws. 6. Reform Israeli political system to remove power of minority (eg religious) parties. Outcome: eternal Arab-Jewish peace and a permanent home for Jews in the Land of Israel.

    from the article: Livni: Netanyahu calling the Israeli-Palestinian conflict insoluble buries chances for peace
    First published 02:16 16.06.11 | Last updated 02:16 16.06.11
Haaretz Headlines
Drilling for Hamas tunnels Gaza
Hamas tunnel threat burrows into minds of Israeli military, political leaders

Hamas may have told Israel it isn’t looking for another war in Gaza, but it’s clearly desperate to advance its attack tunnels. It’s also delighted to be sowing seeds of discontent and concern among the Israeli public.

04:19 13.02.16 | 0 comments
EU foreign policy chief Federica Mogherini and Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu
Israel and EU end 3-month crisis, agree to resume talks on Palestinian issue

In phone conversation, European Union foreign policy chief Federica Mogherini invites Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to EU headquarters in Brussels.

21:32 12.02.16 | 0 comments
What's good for one person might be bad for another, and vice versa.
Which foods make you fat? The answer is in your gut

Is rice more healthful than ice cream? Not necessarily. Are potatoes harmful? Not for everyone. A breakthrough study by two researchers from the Weizmann Institute shows that each of us has a different 'microbiome,' that makes us respond to foods differently. Get ready for a new medical revolution.

16:31 11.02.16 | 0 comments
Elizabeth (Elisheva) Smit at Ben-Gurion International Airport.

How a trip to Israel healed a South African professor's soul

Arrivals / Departures: A South African recalls how Israelis gave her the motivation to go on with her life; an Israeli says Americans know how to live, while the Japanese don't.