Having your cake and eating it too. - Comment - Israel News | Haaretz Daily Newspaper
  • p.TextOutput { R static java.lang.String p.mt = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValuePolicy'; R static java.lang.String p.publicInterfaces = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValued'; R static java.lang.String p.beanClass = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValuePolicy'; RW java.lang.String value = '0'; R transient java.lang.Object _data = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.NumberInputPolicy'; },ModelStore=com.polopoly.model.ModelStoreInMap p.TextOutput { R static java.lang.String p.mt = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValuePolicy'; R static java.lang.String p.publicInterfaces = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValued'; R static java.lang.String p.beanClass = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValuePolicy'; RW java.lang.String value = '0'; R transient java.lang.Object _data = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.NumberInputPolicy'; },ModelStore=com.polopoly.model.ModelStoreInMap
    • Observer
    • 26.09.11 | 13:27 (IDT)

    So two people sit before a table, to dine together. One has taken in hand the cake which both are entitled to, and slices off 80 percent as his own, and, as FAO advisers urge them on, keeps nibbling away, chunk by chunk, at the remaining 20% while assuring everyone the bad guy is the other chap, who keeps complaining that the small share he is begging for is disappearing. In step the Obamas and Blairs of the world, and tell him to shut up and negotiate with the epicure for whatever crumbs might remain after he's satisfied his insatiable greed. It's called honest brokerage, like what you get from your representative on Wall Street.

    from the article: Sources: Quartet push for peace talks weakened by issue of Israel as Jewish state
    First published 10:18 26.09.11 | Last updated 10:18 26.09.11
Haaretz Headlines
A protester waving a Palestinian flag shouts at an Orthodox Jewish man in Sheikh Jarrah

Israel: New East J'lem school would endanger police station

School in Sheikh Jarrah 'could constitute a threat to the facility and its combatants,' state says. NGO: 'The government has found a new excuse to prevent building schools in East Jerusalem.'

Children enjoying the new playground in Sur Baher

Belgian funding gives East J'lem neighborhood first playground

The small playground, which has two slides, a carousel and two swings reflects something about the situation in the Palestinian neighborhoods of East Jerusalem.

Stormy weather in Tel Aviv this week.
Unseasonal winter heatwave expected in Israel next week

Temperatures in the center of the country and along the coast could reach 30 degrees, or even higher, and last for several days.

05:01 11.02.16 | 0 comments
Netanyahu climbing out of the Rahav, the 5th submarine in the Israel Navy's fleet

Netanyahu trades Israel's democracy for a shtetl with German submarines

Tossing Arab MKs out of Knesset was a new low in Netanyahu's assault on democracy, but de facto, Israel is already an ex-'Jewish democratic' state.