Getting The Hell Out - Comment - Israel News | Haaretz Daily Newspaper
  • p.TextOutput { R static java.lang.String p.mt = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValuePolicy'; R static java.lang.String p.publicInterfaces = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValued'; R static java.lang.String p.beanClass = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValuePolicy'; RW java.lang.String value = '46'; R transient java.lang.Object _data = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.NumberInputPolicy'; },ModelStore=com.polopoly.model.ModelStoreInMap p.TextOutput { R static java.lang.String p.mt = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValuePolicy'; R static java.lang.String p.publicInterfaces = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValued'; R static java.lang.String p.beanClass = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValuePolicy'; RW java.lang.String value = '17'; R transient java.lang.Object _data = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.NumberInputPolicy'; },ModelStore=com.polopoly.model.ModelStoreInMap
    • JP
    • 10.06.10 | 16:33 (IDT)

    Funny and in some cases on point, but you cannot escape the 'persecution complex which continues to blind Jews to their own failings. "Everyone hates us!" "Everyone is picking on us because we are special!" What you article fails to address is under what pretext, European and American Jews confiscate Arab lands and occupy others? Is it because you are special? Is it because others (European Christians) have persecuted you? Please explain? If Jews had a right to colonize Palestine in the early 20th Century - when they were only 3% of the indigenous population - because Jews had lived there 2000 years before, how do you deny Palestinians the right to return to a land where they were the other 97%? Let's not let logic intrude into our self-indulgent back patting here. The fact is that if Jews had merely wanted to live among the Arabs there would have been no problem. They did so as minorities for centuries. The Moors gave shelter to the Jews when both were booted across the Straights of Gibraltar by the Spanish Inquisition. Jew thrived in Syria and Iraq before the advent of Zionism. Helen Thomas was wrong to say that Jews have no place in Palestine. They do and always have. However, so do the Palestinians. Maybe that is where the name came from.

    from the article: Dear Helen Thomas, we Jews aren't getting the hell out of anywhere anymore
    First published 10:09 10.06.10 | Last updated 13:09 10.06.10
Haaretz Headlines
Syrian refugees wait at the barbed wire fence, on the border between Hungary from Serbia, near Roszk

As Arab states collapse, Israel needs to take stock

Analysis | Israel is not impervious to the repercussions of the Middle Eastern refugee wave.

John Kerry testifies before the House Foreign Affairs Committee

Why we will vote for the Iran deal in Congress

Writing exclusively for Haaretz, three members of Congress explain why the nuclear deal with Iran is good for America – and Israel.

Lifejackets are seen abandoned by Syrian refugees on a beach

World wants to forget, but refugees won't go away

Four years and four million people into the tragedy in Syria, the West is finally paying notice as the victims come out of the sea.

Palestinians scuffle with an Israeli soldier in Nabi Saleh.

The 'Constraining Kids in Casts' Edition

On this week's Promised Podcast, we discuss the viral video of an Israeli soldier grappling with a 12-year-old boy; the Left's 'first-rate leadership failure'; and getting kids to take high level math.