Genius - Comment - Israel News | Haaretz Daily Newspaper
  • p.TextOutput { R static java.lang.String p.mt = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValuePolicy'; R static java.lang.String p.publicInterfaces = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValued'; R static java.lang.String p.beanClass = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValuePolicy'; RW java.lang.String value = '0'; R transient java.lang.Object _data = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.NumberInputPolicy'; },ModelStore=com.polopoly.model.ModelStoreInMap p.TextOutput { R static java.lang.String p.mt = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValuePolicy'; R static java.lang.String p.publicInterfaces = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValued'; R static java.lang.String p.beanClass = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValuePolicy'; RW java.lang.String value = '0'; R transient java.lang.Object _data = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.NumberInputPolicy'; },ModelStore=com.polopoly.model.ModelStoreInMap
    • anonymous
    • 05.10.11 | 13:33 (IST)

    This interests me because we may only understand a fraction of the law of physics; and increased knowledge may bring many new discoveries that could benefit mankind. If we only understand 5 percent, there is the other 95 percent left. Fundamentalism is the same in science as in religion; once man thought the world was flat and the earth was the center of the universe; heretics were burned at the stake. If not for science, there would not have been the new philosophers of the enlightenment . Our own Spinoza (who was ex-communicated by the orthodox Jews for his unorthodox thinking) was a modern philosopher and Einstein a modern thinker.

    from the article: Clear as crystal
    First published 11:37 01.04.11 | Last updated 11:37 01.04.11
Haaretz Headlines
A rocket fired from Gaza to Ashkelon on July 15, 2014.
Two rockets fired from Gaza toward Israel

IDF fears escalation in violence in wake of arson that killed Palestinian infant in West Bank.

04:27 02.08.15 | 0 comments
Obama and Netanyahu

Netanyahu, Obama fight for U.S. public opinion

Both leaders to make major speeches this week in what each views as a critical contest to garner support for their opposing stands on the nuclear deal with Iran.

Photos of 18-month-old Palestinian Ali Saad Daobasa, victim of Friday's deadly arson attack.

Like Newtown, baby’s murder won’t change a thing

Israeli right-wing leaders and NRA supporters in America view calls for change as cynical ploys by political opponents.

Roger Waters and Gideon Levy at the singer's home in the Hamptons.

Roger Waters: I hate apartheid, not Israel

Special interview | The former Pink Floyd singer talks to Gideon Levy about his political views, tragic family history – and when the rock star-turned-activist will be happy to play in Israel again.