A democratic jewish state is an oxymoron. (the same with other religions)I don't know any religion that understands the true meaning of the word democratic. Even in my own country as soon as fundamentalist protestants in a town get 51% of the votes; the other 49% is forbidden to swim on sundays. Democratic means respecting the rights of minorities. In Israel I see very little of that.
Islamists dominate cities in Morocco local elections (AP)
from the article: Livni: In order to safeguard Israel as a Jewish state we must divide it