COAXING????? - Comment - Israel News | Haaretz Daily Newspaper
  • p.TextOutput { R static java.lang.String p.mt = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValuePolicy'; R static java.lang.String p.publicInterfaces = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValued'; R static java.lang.String p.beanClass = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValuePolicy'; RW java.lang.String value = '0'; R transient java.lang.Object _data = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.NumberInputPolicy'; },ModelStore=com.polopoly.model.ModelStoreInMap p.TextOutput { R static java.lang.String p.mt = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValuePolicy'; R static java.lang.String p.publicInterfaces = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValued'; R static java.lang.String p.beanClass = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValuePolicy'; RW java.lang.String value = '0'; R transient java.lang.Object _data = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.NumberInputPolicy'; },ModelStore=com.polopoly.model.ModelStoreInMap
    • Mark from Georgia
    • 27.01.10 | 07:31 (IST)

    Abbas should be running to the table! If you want peace, that is. If your just playing a PR game for the Western Media then you do what Abbas is now doing. This is interesting: "guarantees must include a commitment that the territory of an independent Palestine would be defined by the 1967 borders, and that any changes to that will be subject to negotiations between the Palestinians and Israel." Now this has already been on the table since Arafat turned down the 95% offer with a land swap for the other 5%. What was Arafat reply? He started Intifada Part 2. According to some press reports Clinton went ballistic on Arafat, accusing him of not negotiating in good faith. I guess Clinton was the only one surprised by Arafat's refusal. The Palestinians have had many opportunities for peace, they have rejected them all. That is where the saying "the Palestinians never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity" comes from.

    from the article: Barak, Mubarak talks to focus on coaxing Abbas to negotiating table
    First published 02:15 27.01.10 | Last updated 12:31 27.01.10
Haaretz Headlines
A protester waving a Palestinian flag shouts at an Orthodox Jewish man in Sheikh Jarrah

Israel: New East J'lem school would endanger police station

School in Sheikh Jarrah 'could constitute a threat to the facility and its combatants,' state says. NGO: 'The government has found a new excuse to prevent building schools in East Jerusalem.'

Children enjoying the new playground in Sur Baher

Belgian funding gives East J'lem neighborhood first playground

The small playground, which has two slides, a carousel and two swings reflects something about the situation in the Palestinian neighborhoods of East Jerusalem.

Stormy weather in Tel Aviv this week.
Unseasonal winter heatwave expected in Israel next week

Temperatures in the center of the country and along the coast could reach 30 degrees, or even higher, and last for several days.

05:01 11.02.16 | 0 comments
Netanyahu climbing out of the Rahav, the 5th submarine in the Israel Navy's fleet

Netanyahu trades Israel's democracy for a shtetl with German submarines

Tossing Arab MKs out of Knesset was a new low in Netanyahu's assault on democracy, but de facto, Israel is already an ex-'Jewish democratic' state.