Blame the Peacemaker - Comment - Israel News | Haaretz Daily Newspaper
  • p.TextOutput { R static java.lang.String p.mt = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValuePolicy'; R static java.lang.String p.publicInterfaces = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValued'; R static java.lang.String p.beanClass = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValuePolicy'; RW java.lang.String value = '0'; R transient java.lang.Object _data = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.NumberInputPolicy'; },ModelStore=com.polopoly.model.ModelStoreInMap p.TextOutput { R static java.lang.String p.mt = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValuePolicy'; R static java.lang.String p.publicInterfaces = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValued'; R static java.lang.String p.beanClass = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValuePolicy'; RW java.lang.String value = '0'; R transient java.lang.Object _data = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.NumberInputPolicy'; },ModelStore=com.polopoly.model.ModelStoreInMap
    • Spokanite
    • 03.11.09 | 16:53 (IST)

    Yoel Marcus has joined his colleague Bradley Burston in blaming the latest impasse in the peace process on Obama's diplomacy. Can't Israelis get it through their heads that after 40 years of settlement building which went on even while the parties were negotiating, the Palestinians have said enough. A settlement freeze has been part of the roadmap demands ever since Bush announced the roadmap. Marcus quotes Barak as saying why all the fuss about a few thousand more houses in the settlements, they are all going away anyway. Really? Aluf Benn reported on Oct. 9 that Netanyahu concurs with the position paper published by a rightwing think tank which says Israel must hold on to Area "C" in any final deal. If so we are not just talking about the 3% to 6% of the West most people think is at issue. We are talking about 60% of the West Bank continuing to be held by Israel, with a Palestinian "fried chicken" state in the other 40%. this was unacceptable even to George W. Bush.

    from the article: There's no peace of the weak
    First published 02:12 03.11.09 | Last updated 09:36 03.11.09
Haaretz Headlines
A Palestinian farmer in the Jordan Valley.

Settlers to be removed from private Palestinian land

High Court ruled against Jordan Valley settlers farming over 5,000 dunams of private land since the 1990s.

The West Bank settlement of Alon Shvut, following the shooting attack on June 29, 2015.

Israeli soldier lightly wounded in suspected attack

IDF forces open fire on a speeding car that hit a soldier outside a military outpost in the West Bank.

An evening of song and unity in honor of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. at The Bayit

Has U.S. Modern Orthodoxy reached its breaking point?

The most influential Jewish community in America is in deep crisis. Will the different streams of Modern Orthodoxy go their separate ways? A special report from New York.

Egyptian school pupils march in front of the site of the Great Pyramids during a trip to Giza, Egypt

In Egypt, 'free' education is luxury saved for rich

Surging dropout rate seems only answer to overcrowded classrooms, but even those who hang on face exorbitant sums for private lessons.