#92 Zeev and His O-C-C-U-P-A-T-I-O-N Mantra - Comment - Israel News | Haaretz Daily Newspaper
  • p.TextOutput { R static java.lang.String p.mt = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValuePolicy'; R static java.lang.String p.publicInterfaces = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValued'; R static java.lang.String p.beanClass = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValuePolicy'; RW java.lang.String value = '0'; R transient java.lang.Object _data = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.NumberInputPolicy'; },ModelStore=com.polopoly.model.ModelStoreInMap p.TextOutput { R static java.lang.String p.mt = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValuePolicy'; R static java.lang.String p.publicInterfaces = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValued'; R static java.lang.String p.beanClass = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.SingleValuePolicy'; RW java.lang.String value = '0'; R transient java.lang.Object _data = 'com.polopoly.cm.app.policy.NumberInputPolicy'; },ModelStore=com.polopoly.model.ModelStoreInMap
    • Tim R
    • 12.11.09 | 21:00 (IST)

    - Right after 1967 Israel offered to withdraw (except from Jerusalem which Jordan illegally occupied previously) in exchange for peace and recognition. Tae Arabs said No, No, No. - In 2000/2001 Ehud Barak offered to give up 97% of the West Bank and an offset for the remaining 3%, in exchange for peace and recognition. Arafat could not get himself to say yes to the offer. - In 2005 Israel unilaterally withdrew from Gaza. In return, Hamas escalated their rocket barrage of Israeli civilians. - In the Last few years, Olmert attempted to negotiate a peace deal involving a withdrawal of Israel from most of the West Bank in exchange for peace. There were still no takers on the Palestinian side. So Zeev dear, why are you D-E-M-O-N-I-Z-I-N-G only Israel for the occupation? Could it be that Isi Leibler is talking exactly about people like you?

    from the article: Response / On 'exorcising' Israel bashers from the Jewish mainstream
    First published 09:37 10.11.09 | Last updated 08:10 11.11.09
Haaretz Headlines
Turkish army tanks hold positions next to an outpost, near the border with Syria

Israeli brought home after planning to enter Syria

The Foreign Ministry intervened after family of 21-year-old Jewish Israeli said they feared he would try to join ISIS.

A Palestinian man burns tires during clashes with Israeli security forces following an Israeli army

Wounded Israeli officer likely hit by friendly fire

Raid had apparently targeted senior Hamas operative in Jenin; unclear if suspected terrorist apprehended.

Georgia O'Keeffe

How Isaiah gave Hebrew its word for vagina

If St Jerome and other experts are right, Israelis may have thought that 'pot' meant vulva, but actually they were saying cup. Or forehead. Or maybe something else.

Shredded beef sandwich at The Duke

Israeli sandwiches that go against the grain

Hunting down the finest sandwiches in Israel’s three big cities – Haifa, Tel Aviv and Jerusalem.